15 Breakfast Meal Prep Ideas for Busy Mornings!
These 15 Breakfast Meal Prep Ideas for Busy Mornings are perfect for when you're in a rush or just don't have time to make breakfast each day before work – batch cook some steel cut oats, breakfast burritos or egg cups for the week and you're set!
Breakfast meal prep is always something I've struggled with. I don't have much of an appetite first thing in the morning and I really don't like many breakfast foods, especially sweeter options like cereal. I've always been a savoury type of gal! I'm also very physically unmotivated to make breakfast, and I prefer to get to work right away because that's when my mind is fresh. Needless to say it's easiest for me to have breakfast ready to go in the fridge so I have no excuse to not eat breakfast!
Well, if you're like me and find it hard to eat breakfast each morning, these healthy breakfast recipes are a great way to get ahead of things and stay organized so you can focus on getting to work without rushing or worrying about what you're going to eat.
These meal prep breakfast ideas are super easy, and you're going to love them whether you're a savoury or sweet person first thing in the morning!
Here are some of my fave breakfast meal prep tools for helping me get ahead:
- Glass meal prep bowls are so great for microwaving and reheating your food safely
- My Rice Cooker saves me so much time in the meal prep process because I can cook my grains ahead of time
- These Bento box containers are perfect for separating ingredients but using the same container (think berries and protein bars)
- Restock your freezer with nitrate/sugar-free bacon from Butcher Box – and for a limited time get two free ribeyes and bacon!
- I would be nowhere without my trusty Vitamix blender – it whips up giant batches of delicious sauces for my meal prep bowls in a hurry
In this round up of breakfast ideas, I've included everything from breakfast burrito bowls to shakshuka, egg bakes, banana bread and even a few vegan options like meal prep steel cut oats and cashew protein bars. You can make these healthy meal prep breakfast ideas on a sheet pan, in a casserole dish, in your Instant Pot or in a skillet – the options are endless and most of them involve batch cooking a giant serving and dividing it all up for the work week.
All it takes is about an hour of your time on the weekend (usually less because the hands off time in the oven doesn't really count) and you're on your way to healthy eating throughout the work week – no stressing over what you're going to eat first thing in the morning, and if you're like me you can easily pack up all of these breakfast recipes to take with you to eat while you're at work.
Which one of these easy breakfast ideas will you be trying first?!