At thegirlonbloor.com, we’re committed to accessibility. It is our policy to ensure that everyone, including persons with disabilities, has full and equal access to our digital offerings.
Thegirlonbloor.com strives to meet the following accessibility standards: Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.0 AA, PDF/Universal Accessibility (PDF/UA) to ensure our digital offerings are ADA Compliant.
Here are just some of the many ways that thegirlonbloor.com is accessible and meets the above accessibility standards:
- Descriptive alt text is assigned to every meaningful image on our website
- Our website is navigable without a mouse, by keyboard only
- We use a focus indicator to highlight interactive elements on our website
- We provide closed captioning on all videos
- We provide text transcripts for all video and audio where someone is speaking/narrating
- We ensure that all text to background color contrast meets a 4.5:1 ratio
- All PDFs hosted on our site meet the PDF/UA minimum standards
- We include a skip navigation link on all pages of our website
- We maintain a consistent and predictable layout throughout our website
- We only integrate and link to third-party apps, scripts, and websites that meet WCAG 2.0 AA standards
- Beyond our existing remediation measures, we continually review our website (internally and independently) to ensure we adhere to best practices in web accessibility.
To ensure thegirlonbloor.com is accessible, we have taken the following steps:
- We have appointed an internal web accessibility coordinator to oversee all of our digital operations and ensure they are accessible
- We have retained a third-party, independent web accessibility specialist to audit our digital offerings (website)
- We have also retained this specialist as a consultant to advise us on best practices in web accessibility
- We invite feedback from all users of our website to improve accessibility
Through our genuine and good faith commitment and devotion to accessibility, we believe we not only meet but exceed the digital accessibility requirements imposed by Title I, II, & III of the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and Section 504 & 508 of the Rehabilitation Act.
Thegirlonbloor.com is committed to accessibility and we are always seeking to improve. If you know of a way we can improve, we’d love to hear more. You can email us at [email protected]
For more information on web accessibility and legal requirements, here are helpful resources: