This Broccoli Cheddar Crustless Quiche is a delicious and healthy breakfast idea that you can make ahead of time. Add your favourite fillings!
Ingredients and substitutions
- Butter – use your favourite butter substitute instead.
- Eggs – you can make this using 24 egg whites although it will have a different taste.
- Broccoli – swap out for another veggie of your choice.
- Cheddar cheese – feel free to use your favourite cheese like mozzarella, Swiss or Monterey Jack.
- Red onion – white or yellow onion would also work in this recipe.
- Salt & pepper – to taste.
How to make a crustless quiche
Step 1: Assemble your ingredients.
Step 2: Grease the pan.
Preheat oven to 350 F. Grease a 9-inch round cake pan with butter.
Step 3: Whisk the eggs.
Whisk eggs and salt & pepper together in a large bowl until combined.
Step 4: Stir everything together.
Mix in broccoli, cheddar and red onion.
Step 5: Pour it into the pan.
Add egg mixture to the greased cake pan.
Step 6: Bake then serve!
Bake in the oven for 60 minutes, or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean. Cut quiche into 6 slices, then serve and enjoy!
Variations of this quiche recipe
Once you have mastered the basic technique of making a crustless quiche, it can be a blank canvas for your favourite fillings or a way to use up the produce in your refrigerator. I love making a broccoli cheddar quiche, but there are so many different options to try! Here are some different options:
- Protein: Ham, bacon, sausage crumbles, salami, ground beef
- Veggies: Mushrooms, zucchini, cauliflower, spinach, leek, roasted red peppers, cherry tomatoes, bell peppers
- Cheese: Swiss, goat cheese, feta, pepper jack, Gruyere, mozzarella
- Spices: Cayenne pepper, basil, rosemary, thyme, oregano, nutmeg, paprika, taco seasoning, chili peppers
- Milk: If you want your quiche to have more of a custard-like texture, add 1.5 cups of milk to the mixture
Frequently Asked Questions
If you want to make an egg white quiche, you'll need to use 24 egg whites instead of 12 eggs. The quiche will also take less time to cook, so keep an eye on it as it cooks. You can also try this egg white frittata recipe, which is similar.
You can serve quiche either hot or cold – it's honestly a matter of preference. If you're meal prepping this recipe and prefer to enjoy it warmed, you can reheat it in the microwave for 1-2 minutes or in the oven for 20 minutes at 350°F.
This broccoli cheddar quiche is done when it's no longer jiggly in the middle, and when a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
If you find that your quiche is watery or runny, it hasn't cooked for long enough. Stick it back in the oven until it's cooked through.
While this recipe is for one big crustless cheddar broccoli quiche, you could use the recipe to make mini quiches as well. Instead of cooking the quiche in a 9-inch cake pan, add the mixture to greased muffin tins and cook for 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
Storing and reheating
Leftover broccoli cheddar quiche can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 5 days. A single leftover piece can be reheated in the microwave for 1 to 2 minutes, just make sure to sprinkle some water over top first to help the quiche retain its moisture.
Because this dish lasts in the refrigerator, you can cook it ahead of time and reheat the entire quiche when you plan to serve it. It will cook more evenly if you let it come to room temperature before putting it in the oven. Reheat the quiche in the oven at 350° Fahrenheit for about 20 minutes.
Freezing this recipe
For even longer storage, you can freeze this broccoli cheddar quiche. Wrap it tightly in plastic wrap and store it in the freezer for 3 to 4 months.
Let the quiche thaw in the refrigerator overnight before reheating as normal. If necessary, you can cook it from frozen, but it will take about 30 to 40 minutes at 350° Fahrenheit.
Make healthy eating easy! Join our Dinner Prep Pro app.
- ZERO ADS on over 450 recipes
- Customizable weekly meal plans
- Grocery and meal prep checklists
- Bonus resource library and community
Broccoli Cheddar Crustless Quiche
- 1 tbsp butter
- 12 eggs
- 1 head broccoli, finely chopped
- 1 cup cheddar cheese
- 1/2 red onion, sliced
- 1/2 tsp each salt & pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Grease a 9-inch round cake pan with butter.
- Whisk eggs and salt & pepper together in a large bowl until combined. Mix in broccoli, cheddar and red onion.
- Add egg mixture to the greased cake pan, then bake in the oven for 60 minutes, or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
- Cut quiche into 6 slices, then serve and enjoy!