These Pina Colada Instant Pot Steel Cut Oats are a delicious, healthy tropical-inspired breakfast idea made in one pot for little clean up!
How to make this recipe
Pour coconut oil, coconut milk, water and steel cut oats to Instant Pot.
Cook on high pressure for 3 minutes and let the pressure release naturally.
Remove lid and stir in shredded coconut and pineapple.
Divide among 4 meal prep bowls. Optional: garnish with raspberries or cherries.
Serve and enjoy!
Ingredients and substitutions
- Coconut oil – coconut oil will add the coconut flavour needed for the pina colada taste. You can leave this out and just use the coconut milk if you don't have any on hand.
- Coconut milk – I use Silk coconut milk but you can use any sweetened or unsweetened coconut milk of your choice – as long as it comes from a carton.
- Steel cut oats – steel cut oats are healthy and the least processed oats but you can use rolled oats, or old fashioned oats, instead.
- Pineapple – you can use frozen or fresh pineapple.
- Shredded coconut – choose between sweetened or unsweetened shredded coconut to add into this recipe.
- Raspberries or cherries (optional toppings)
Storing and reheating
Making overnight oats is the easiest breakfast meal prep recipe because they're made to be stored for a whole five days after preparation. So, if you are “too busy” for breakfast or skip breakfast this is the best solution for you.
Once you've prepared the oatmeal, let it cool down completely then transfer in to airtight glass containers or mason jars. Store in the container of your choice in individual servings to make the mornings that much easier.
When you're ready to enjoy your oats, take your serving for the day and enjoy cold or warm up in the microwave for 1-2 minutes. If you prefer warm oatmeal and are planning on warming up your servings in the morning, then make sure to add extra liquid to make sure they don't dry out too much in the microwave.
Freezing this recipe
This recipe is freezer friendly! If you plan on meal prepping farther in advance than the five days, you can store your individual servings in the freezer. All you have to do is put your mason jar or glass container in the freezer and move it to the fridge to thaw the night before you're ready to enjoy it. Your overnight oats will last in the freezer for up to three months.
More oats recipes
Meal prep tools
- The Instant Pot DUO Plus 60 is the version I use in this recipe.
- Here are the glass meal prep bowls I use.
- Store your oatmeal in the fridge or freezer in mason jars.
- And I love these steel cut oats in case you're looking to stock up!
- This is the type of coconut I use.
Pina Colada Instant Pot Steel Cut Oats
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 2 cups coconut milk (from a carton; I used Silk)
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup steel cut oats
- 1 1/2 cups fresh or frozen pineapple, diced
- 3/4 cup sweetened shredded coconut
- Raspberries or cherries (optional, for topping)
- Pour coconut oil, coconut milk, water and steel cut oats to Instant Pot in that order. Cook on high pressure for 3 minutes and let the pressure release naturally (about 20-25 minutes - you'll know when the pressure valve is down and lid opens easily.)
- Remove lid and stir in shredded coconut and pineapple. Divide among 4 meal prep bowls and garnish with raspberries or cherries (optional). Serve and enjoy!