20 Easy Healthy Meal Prep Lunch Ideas for Work
These 20 Easy, Healthy Meal Prep Lunch Ideas for Work are the perfect way to stay on track with your weekly meal planning – these meal prep bowls are creative, delicious ways to eat healthy and stay organized during busy work weeks, and they're perfect for meal planning on a budget too!
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links – that means I will make a very small commission if you happen to make a purchase through one of my links; this helps me keep my site up and running so I can continue to provide you with free recipes and resources 🙂 There is no additional cost to you!
Let me tell you about these Healthy Meal Prep Lunch Ideas for Work…they are super fun ways to switch up your weekly meal planning process so that you're eating healthy, wholesome foods but you're also eating delicious meals that fuel you during your work week!
I always used to struggle with meal prep for the work week because I had trouble planning ahead and let's just say this was long before I discovered blogging as a hobby or even as a reader! I used to rely primarily on cookbooks to whip together delicious dinners but would then struggle when it came to getting my lunches together for work and school.
Often I would just rely on dinner leftovers as opposed to specifically planning any easy lunch ideas or trying to find some healthy meal prep recipes online. Well, times are a changing and now you can find so many lunch ideas for work on the web! I've rounded up my favourite healthy meal prep recipes from my fave healthy living bloggers so you can switch up your weekly meal prep routine and give some more thought to the creative side of lunch time!
And in case you're in need of some meal prep tools, here are my staples:
- Glass meal prep bowls are so great for microwaving and reheating your food safely
- Mason jars are perfect for salads since they keep lettuce separated from dressings
- Salad containers are another awesome option for keeping your greens and proteins separated so nothing gets soggy
- My Rice Cooker saves me so much time in the meal prep process because I can cook my grains ahead of time
- These Bento box containers are perfect for packing snacks and lunches together!
- Restock your freezer with grass-fed beef and poultry from Butcher Box – and for a limited time get two free ribeyes and bacon!
- I would be nowhere without my trusty Vitamix blender – it whips up giant batches of delicious sauces for my meal prep bowls in a hurry
- Hello Fresh also has some AWESOME recipes if you're looking to also get your groceries delivered to your door..and they will give you $30 off your first purchase too!
In this round up, we've got everything from Caprese Chicken bowls to Cashew Chicken, Thai Yellow Curry, Greek Chicken and even a few vegetarian options like Chickpea Bowls. You can make these healthy meal prep lunch ideas on a sheet pan, on the BBQ, in a skillet or choose a couple of the no-cook recipes to try out while you get used to meal prepping on the weekend.
All it takes is a couple of hours (or less) on the weekend and you're on your way to healthy eating throughout the work week – and no stressing over what to take for lunch either, or doing any last minute scrambling!
Which one of these easy lunch ideas will you be trying first?!