These veggie-filled Chicken and Kale Caesar Wraps are the perfect on-the-go lunch and include a lighter vegetarian caesar dressing!
Ingredients in Kale Caesar Wraps
The ingredients in the chicken Caesar wraps themselves are pretty simple:
- Multigrain wraps
- Chicken breasts
- Turkey bacon
- Red onion
You can also easily make your own Caesar dressing with these pantry items:
- Parmesan cheese
- Lemon juice
- Worcheshire sauce
- Dijon mustard
How to make chicken Caesar wraps
In about 30 minutes you can have a light meal ready. Or use them to prepare for lunch the following day.
- Make the Caesar dressing in a blender.
- Cook the chicken and the bacon.
- Combine all the ingredients so they are evenly covered in dressing.
- Add all of the ingredients to the multigrain wrap and secure.
You want your chicken caesar wrap to be secure, especially if you are making it ahead of time. Follow these steps to make sure your wrap doesn’t lose its shape before lunch:
- Fold the sides of the wrap toward the middle but not far enough that they touch.
- Fold the bottom up toward the middle.
- Continue to roll from the bottom, tucking in any rouge ingredients as you go.
- You can spread a little bit of caesar dressing on the end to help the wrap stick to itself. Just don’t use too much. You don’t want to wear your dressing.
- Cut it in half diagonally to make it easier to eat.
How to make shredded chicken
You have several choices of how to cook the chicken for these wraps.
- Boil it in a pot of water for about 15 minutes
- Pan fry it in oil until it is completely cooked.
- Put it in the Instant Pot. It will take about eight minutes on high pressure. You can even cook frozen chicken in the Instant Pot. The breasts will take 14-15 minutes in that case.
- Slow cook it in the crock pot.
- Bake in the oven.
Even easier would be using leftover or rotisserie chicken! If you have some chicken left from another meal, this makes great use of that chicken breast.
After the chicken has fully cooked and cooled, you can shred it. Use a fork and knife or two forks to pull the meat apart.
How to make the Caesar dressing
Instead of using anchovies like in traditional Caesar dressing, I use a combination of dijon mustard and capers.
Just put everything in a blender to mix it up. You could also put all your ingredients in a bowl and use an immersion blender to combine.
Caesar dressing is known as being high in fat and calories, but making your own ensures that you can use healthier ingredients and get the calorie count down as much as possible. No preservatives or additives, plus it will keep in the refrigerator for about seven days. Plan a few meals around this amazing dressing.
I like kale with this chicken caesar wrap rather than romaine lettuce like a traditional caesar salad or wrap. The kale is heartier and keeps its texture better while still soaking in the dressing. Plus, it's packed with nutrients that lettuce just can’t touch. But you could use other dark leafy greens instead.
Other veggies that taste great in this kale caesar wrap are:
- Sundried tomatoes
- Roasted red peppers
- Sweet potatoes
- Bell peppers
If you want to cut down on the mayo in the dressing, you can replace some or all of it with smashed avocado. It won’t last quite as long that way because the avocado will start to brown after about three days, but if you're just using the dressing once, this is a great option.
What can you make ahead?
All of the parts of this recipe can be made ahead of time. I do recommend you wait to put it all together until you want to eat it.
You can cook the chicken and bacon and store them for up to five days. You can make the Caesar dressing and store it for up to seven days. From there, you can assemble your wrap fresh on the day you go to eat it!
Storing kale Caesar wraps
Once you put the chicken caesar wrap all together, I recommend eating it within 24 hours. You can make these the night before and have lunch ready the next morning.
If you want the ingredients to last longer than that, wait to put everything together.
Freezing the chicken
While you can’t freeze the entire chicken caesar wrap, you can freeze the chicken.
In fact, I love having cooked chicken in my freezer at all times. It’s a great meal prep secret.
You can make this chicken any way that is easy for you. And since cooked chicken will last in the freezer for three months, you can make big batches. Make Instant Pot shredded chicken, or fill your soup pot or baking sheet with chicken breast. Shred it when it’s cooled and store it in small portions.
Thaw your chicken in the refrigerator overnight and have a great source of protein ready absolutely any time!
More meal prep wraps
Meal prep tools
- I get all my free-range chicken breasts and bacon from Butcher Box
Meal prep challenge
If you'd like some more help with meal planning, then you'll love my free 5-day meal prep challenge! Sign up for free below:
Chicken and Kale Caesar Wraps
Caesar dressing (makes about 1 cup dressing)
- 1 cup light mayo
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tbsp dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp capers
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp each salt and pepper
- 4 multi-grain wraps
- 2 chicken breasts
- 4 slices turkey bacon
- 1 small red onion, sliced
- 2 cups kale
- Add all caesar dressing ingredients to a blender, food processor or bowl with an immersion blender and blend until well combined.
- Meanwhile, cook chicken in a large pot of boiling water for 15 min. Let cool and shred apart with two forks. At the same time, fry turkey bacon in pan on med-high heat for 5-7 min until well cooked.
- Add 1/2 cup chicken, 1 slice turkey bacon (crumbled), a bit of red onion and 1/2 cup kale to a large bowl and toss with about 1/4 cup caesar dressing. Add to the middle of each whole wheat wrap. Fold two edges of the wrap, then roll over with one of the free sides. Squeeze ingredients inside and roll up into a wrap.
- Cut in half and eat! Wraps are up good to make the night before and eat within 24 hours as long as they stay in the fridge. Leftover dressing will last up to 7 days in the fridge. Enjoy!