21 Healthy Make Ahead Freezer Meals for Busy Weeknights
These 21 Healthy Make Ahead Freezer Meals for Busy Weeknights are delicious meal prep ideas that you can enjoy more than once thanks to a little help from your freezer. Freezer-friendly meals are the best way to enjoy a hot meal when you don't have time to cook!
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links – that means I will make a very small commission if you happen to make a purchase through one of my links; this helps me keep my site up and running so I can continue to provide you with free recipes and resources 🙂 There is no additional cost to you!
These 21 Healthy Make Ahead Freezer Meals for Busy Weeknights are bound to make it easier for you to enjoy what feels like a brand new meal when you've had a long day. My go-to is usually lasagna – I'll make a huge batch in the winter and then store it all in individual portion sizes so it's easy to just pull a container out of the freezer and throw it in the microwave or the oven.
These freezer-friendly meal ideas are versatile and reheat just like new; you'll find everything from chicken marinades to meatballs, chicken fingers, burritos, easy breakfast ideas and more in this round-up of delicious freezer meals!
Whether you're looking for easy breakfast ideas to microwave in the morning as you're running out the door, or whether you're looking to come home to a hot meal after a long day, or you're just looking to store some leftovers, you're bound to find what you're looking for with these easy make ahead recipes!
And before you get started, here are some meal prep/freezer-friendly storage essentials:
- Get square glass meal prep bowls here for safe storage!
- Preserve your food (meatballs, marinated chicken, etc) with freezer bags
- I love these mini foil containers for storing pieces of lasagnas, casseroles, etc
- If you're looking to stock your freezer with grass-fed meat and poultry, look no further than Butcher Box – they're an awesome way to cut down on shopping time
- My Vitamix blender helps me make a ton of tasty sauces and soups that I usually end up freezing, and they're also great for pureeing/chopping vegetables (I freeze a ton of chopped up carrots and celery for bolognese sauce for example)
- My Rice Cooker helps me cook rice and quinoa ahead of time so that all I have to do is add what I need to certain recipes as I go