Crock pot freezer meals are a great time saver. Use these easy recipes to meal prep ahead of time, then let your slow cooker do all the work!
Benefits of Crock Pot Freezer Meals
Let's face it: for many of us, any time of the year can be busy and stressful. With work, school and busy schedules, the last thing you should have to worry about is finding time to make wholesome meals for your family.
Thankfully, slow cookers and Instant Pots are a busy cook's best friend! No meal prep is simpler than dumping a few ingredients into a crock pot and turning it on to cook.
Crock pot freezer meals (and meals that freeze easily to reheat and eat later) will help you:
- Save time on your busiest days.
- Reduce your stress.
- Keep your meal prep simple, and
- Prevent you from having to stand over the stove to make meals for your family.
Bookmark this post to keep returning to later – you'll find some gems below that you'll keep returning to over and over again.
More Freezer Meal Ideas
If you're looking for more delicious meal inspiration, look no further than some of these helpful resources below!
- 21 Healthy Freezer Meals – Even more meals that freeze well
- Eating Healthy on a Budget + 10 Cheap Dinner Ideas – yes, you can eat healthy, cheap dinners!
- 8 Easy Steak Marinades – you can freeze the steak in all of these yummy marinades
- 6 Baked Chicken Breast Recipes – plus instructions on how to freeze your chicken for meal prep
More Meal Prep Resources
If you're wanting to learn how to meal prep and get more organized in the kitchen, these resources will also help you and your family eat healthy every single week!
- My Meal Prep Routine – learn my exact strategies for meal prepping each week – crock pot freezer meals are just part of it!
- 52 Healthy, Easy Dinner Ideas for Busy Weeknights – these include 30 minute meals, more Crockpot recipes, Instant Pot recipes and more
- Meal Prep for Weight Loss – I how I was able to lose weight through healthy recipes and meal prep, freezer meals included!
- 25 Sheet Pan Dinners – these ideas are great for busy weeknights and some can even be frozen ahead of time!
Crock Pot Freezer Recipe Round Up
Here are 20 of my favourite recipes for crock pot freezer meals – everything from meatless curries to pulled pork, chili, pasta and Asian dishes, there is something for every's palate on this list!
How to make Crock Pot Freezer Meals
Click on the links below the pictures to take you to each recipe. A good rule of thumb for every recipe is to store all the ingredients in freezer-safe glass containers or large Ziploc freezer bags, label the date you assembled everything, then defrost in the refrigerator for 24 hours before dumping into the crockpot when ready to cook. Store for up to 3 months once frozen!
Each recipe will have different cook times and instructions to follow so make sure your ingredients are defrosted and then cook according to instructions. Healthy family dinners have never been so easy!
Which recipe will you make first?!
Slow Cooker African-Inspired Peanut Stew via The Girl on Bloor
Slow Cooker Weekday Ragu with Veggies via My Kitchen Love
Low Carb Crock Pot Chili via Wholesome Yum
Slow Cooker Pulled Chicken via It's Yummi
Freezer Asian Peanut Chicken via Sweet Peas and Saffron
Vegan/Vegetarian Slow Cooker Stuffed Peppers Soup via Peas and Crayons
Crock Pot Sausage and Peppers Freezer Meal via Iowa Girl Eats
Slow Cooker Chicken and Rice via The Recipe Rebel
If you're looking to get serious about meal prepping, you HAVE to sign up for my free 5-day challenge below! It's going to get you on the right path and give you the structure you need to meal prep like a pro!
Freezer Slow Cooker Italian Meatballs via Kristine's Kitchen
Slow Cooker Tuscan Sausage and Kale Soup via The Girl on Bloor
Crock Pot Beef Tomato and Acini de Pepe Soup via Skinnytaste
Crock Pot Pizza Casserole via Real Housemoms
Crock Pot Detox Lentil Soup via Pinch of Yum
Crock Pot Tuscan Chicken Pasta Bake via Rachel Cooks
Slow Cooker Sweet and Sour Chicken via Valerie's Kitchen
Crock Pot Chicken Marsala via Sugar Free Mom
Slow Cooker Chicken Fajitas via Crystal and Comp
Slow Cooker Salisbury Steak via Spend With Pennies
Slow Cooker Vegan Chickpea Tagine via Delish Knowledge
Slow Cooker Gluten Free Mexican Quinoa Casserole via Food Faith Fitness
Which of these crock pot freezer meals do you think you will make first?