17 One Pan Skillet Recipes for Easy Weeknight Dinners
These 17 One Pan Skillet Recipes are going to help you with your last minute meal prep! Pick a protein, add some veggies and spices, and you've got dinner on the table in less than 30 minutes!
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links – that means I will make a very small commission if you happen to make a purchase through one of my links; this helps me keep my site up and running so I can continue to provide you with free recipes and resources 🙂 There is no additional cost to you!
Let's talk skillet recipes! Sometimes you get into the same boring old routine with dinner, or you're just looking for a little less clean up on a busy weeknight where you can throw a bunch of healthy ingredients into the frying pan and go to town. Well, if you're looking to simplify dinner time a little bit, look no further than these easy one pan recipes!
How to Make Skillet Recipes:
There is definitely a basic formula for any type of skillet dinner, and that's usually picking your protein (chicken, steak, eggs, tofu) and pairing it with a ton of veggies, and possibly a starch like potatoes, pasta or a pre-cooked grain like quinoa or rice. If you're going with grains, I suggest you cook them ahead of time at the beginning of the week. A rice cooker usually comes in handy here!
If you haven't prepped ahead, no need to fret! Most of the skillet recipes in this round up come together with a ton of protein and veggies so they're also low carb. The seasoning is key with these recipes; you'll be using anything from pre-made fajita or taco seasoning (store bought or make your own!), Italian seasoning, minced garlic, chili flakes and more. There's usually a super easy way to boost flavour without having to run to the store. Just take a look in your pantry!
In case you need some other meal prep tools, here are my faves:
- Glass meal prep bowls are so great for microwaving and reheating your food safely – especially skillet meals
- My Rice Cooker saves me so much time in the meal prep process because I can cook my grains ahead of time
- These Bento box containers are perfect for packing snacks and lunches together!
- Restock your freezer with grass-fed beef and poultry from Butcher Box – and for a limited time get two free ribeyes and bacon!
- I adore my Vitamix blender – it whips up giant batches of delicious sauces for my skillet meals in a hurry
- Hello Fresh also has some AWESOME recipes if you're looking to also get your groceries delivered to your door..and they will give you $30 off your first purchase too!
In this round up we've got everything from tasty skillet chicken recipes to steak fajitas, pasta bakes, breakfast skillets and more! For the oven-based recipes you'll need a cast-iron skillet but for the others any old frying will do. Get ready for the easiest, fastest dinners of your life with these skillet recipes! Which ones will you be trying?