These easy & healthy one skillet recipes are great for busy weeknights! Add some protein, veggies and starch for a delicious skillet dinner.
Wanna Learn How To Meal Prep?
My meal planning service, Dinner Prep Pro, removes the guesswork and helps you get dinner on the table in 15-20 minutes each night. My meal prep checklists only take 1 hour each week!
One Skillet Meals
If you’re looking to simplify dinner time, these easy one skillet recipes are going to become your new best friend. All you have to do it throw a bunch of healthy ingredients into the pan and you’ve got a delicious dinner! Plus, who doesn’t love less dishes?
How to build your own healthy skillet recipe
- Pick a protein. You can use anything from chicken or steak to eggs or tofu.
- Pair it with a bunch of veggies. Make sure each vegetable is cut to roughly the same size so you can cook them together in one skillet.
- Add a starch like potatoes, pasta or a pre-cooked grain like quinoa or rice. If you're going with grains, I suggest you cook them ahead of time at the beginning of the week. A rice cooker usually comes in handy here!
- Add seasoning. A super easy way to boost flavour is to add any spices or seasonings you have in your pantry. You can try pre-made fajita or taco seasoning (store bought or make your own!), Italian seasoning, minced garlic, chili flakes and more.
Watch how to make some of these recipes
Skillet Dinners Round Up
In this round up we've got everything from tasty skillet chicken recipes to steak fajitas, pasta bakes, breakfast skillets and more! For the oven-based recipes, you'll need a cast iron skillet, but for the others, any old frying will do. Get ready for the easiest, fastest dinners of your life with these skillet recipes! Which ones will you be trying?
Frequently Asked Questions
A skillet is a flat-bottomed pan with higher sides and often comes with a lid.
Skillets and frying pans are super similar and oftentimes interchangeable. The only real difference between the two is that a skillet is deeper than a traditional frying pan, so it’s a great option for easy one-skillet meals like these.
Most skillets are oven safe up to a certain temperature, but make sure to check the bottom of the pan or the box to see if you can put it in the oven.
In order to keep your cast iron skillet in tip-top shape, you need to clean it properly. Do not put it in the dishwasher and instead use a tiny bit of dish soap and a brush and wash it by hand. Rinse it off then make sure it's completely dry before you put it away. Rust will ruin a cast iron skillet.
Meal Prep Tools
- Glass meal prep bowls are so great for microwaving and reheating your food safely – especially skillet meals.
- My Rice Cooker saves me so much time in the meal prep process because I can cook my grains ahead of time.
- These bento box containers are perfect for packing snacks and lunches together!
- Restock your freezer with grass-fed beef and poultry from Butcher Box.
- **Get my full list of tools here**
Join The Girl on Bloor Premium!
- ZERO ADS!
- Weekly Meal Prep Checklists
- Bonus eBooks