30-Minute Ginger Beef Sweet Potato Noodles
These 30-Minute Ginger Beef Sweet Potato Noodles are a quick and easy dinner option! Spiralized sweet potato noodles and a marinade that doubles as a stir fry sauce makes this meal super fast for busy weeknights.
Lemme introduce you to my fave new stir fry recipe! Say hello to these Ginger Beef Sweet Potato Noodles.
I don't know about you, but September is CRAZY. Like I seriously don't even know what it is about this month but I feel like everything is just go-go-go. And then you're also kinda stuck wondering what happened to summer. All of a sudden the days get a lot cooler, you start to lose daylight and pumpkin spice lattes are on the brain.
I love fall, but it's hard saying goodbye to summer, you know what I mean?!
To add insult to injury, I just moved last week and feel like I've been ALL OVER THE PLACE. Honestly, I don't think I've had any free time in well over a month. I mean, better to be too busy than not busy enough right?
When in doubt, I turn to stir fries like these 30-Minute Ginger Beef Sweet Potato Noodles.
Ready in half an hour, delicious food on-the-go is no problem! I even cheated a little and bought some pre-spiralized sweet potato noodles at the store. Have you seen these packages at your local grocery store yet? When I'm in a rush or don't have too much time to chop and prep veggies, I love stopping by the front of my local grocery store and grabbing pre-packaged veggies. Anything from chopped and peeled butternut squash to spiralized zucchini, different veggie blends and cauliflower rice.
I swear, these things just make life so much easier and to me it's worth the little bit of extra cost.
Meal prep is all a fine balance. You gotta evaluate what you have time for and my number one priority is always eating healthy, wholesome foods so if I have to get the grocery store to do a little bit of extra prep for me ahead of time, I'm totally okay with it!
Step two in quickly whipping up these Ginger Beef Sweet Potato Noodles is using a stir fry sauce that doubles as a marinade. This is honestly my fave ever little tip to meal prepping quickly. Make one giant batch sauce that works overtime as a marinade or salad dressing (these summer buddha bowls are the perfect example of that!)
You'll pretty much just marinate the beef for 5 minutes or so while you prep the veggies, then stir fry it on high heat for a couple minutes. Be careful not to overcook the beef! I buy the pre-packaged fast fry steak that's already cut up and have it on the heat for as minimal a time as possible. Remove it from the skillet when it's just barely cooked, leaving the sauce and tossing in the veggies, then adding the cooked meat back in towards the end for a quick reheat before serving.
When I was younger, I had a serious problem overcooking meat and veggies. For some reason, I just couldn't get the hang of stir fries so I really never cared for them. The key is to use high heat and saute everything for just a couple minutes until tender. The whole process should really take no more than 10 minutes. Super easy right?
And of course I'm a giant proponent of fresh herbs so I added in a little bit of cilantro and scallions to top off these 30-Minute Ginger Beef Sweet Potato Noodles. Now's the time to start harvesting the rest of your herb garden before the weather gets too cold after all!
Pair these noodles with a quick and easy on-the-go breakfast like these Chocolate Avocado Overnight Oats and you're set for a successful work day filled with good eats!
Will you be making these Ginger Beef Sweet Potato Noodles?
I have to say I'm really starting to become a bigger spiralizer fan – such a great way to get in some extra veggies while keeping your meals lower carb and lower calorie!
Ginger Beef Sweet Potato Noodles
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 8oz package quick fry beef
- 1 sweet potato, spiralized (I bought a pre-packaged mix at the store)
- 1 bunch Broccoli
- 1 package mushrooms
- 1 red pepper, sliced
- 2 scallions, sliced
- Cilantro, for garnish (optional)
- 1/4 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tbsp ginger, minced
- 1 tbsp Sriracha
- 2 tsp sesame seeds
- In a medium-sized bowl, mix marinade ingredients together and pour over steak in a large bowl. Let marinate for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, chop broccoli, mushrooms and red pepper. Spiralize sweet potato noodles if not buying pre-spiralized from the store (this is what I recommend - they should be located at the front of the store with other prepared veggies and should be around $5).
- Heat sesame oil over high heat in large skillet or wok. Add steak, sauteeing for 1-2 minutes or so until just cooked. Remove meat from heat reserving sauce in skillet and set aside.
- Add in broccoli and mushrooms, sauteeing for 3-4 minutes until tender. Add in red pepper and sweet potato noodles, cooking another minute or so. Add in beef and toss to coat. Remove from heat. Stir in scallions.
- Serve immediately and garnish with cilantro and extra sesame seeds (optional). Enjoy!