These are the BEST Butternut Squash Recipes for Fall! Try them out and make sure to download my free 7-day dinner menu.
The Best Butternut Squash Recipes
Butternut squash is a quintessential fall ingredient. It’s super versatile and can be used in just about any recipe!
I rounded up some of my favourite butternut squash ideas so you can bring earthy fall flavours to the kitchen table this season. All of these recipes are wholesome and delicious, and include everything from pasta dishes to curries, soups, salads and even pizza.
Can butternut squash be prepared in advance?
Yes! Being the meal prepper that I am, I included several butternut squash recipes that can be meal prepped. Try making my fall harvest bowls with wild rice, slow cooker lentil dal and hearty butternut squash curry.
Plus, butternut squash will last in the pantry for up to a month. If you’re already peeled and cooked it, it'll last for up to 5 days in the fridge.
Butternut Squash Ravioli Bake via The Girl on Bloor
Butternut Squash Risotto via The Girl on Bloor
Bacon Cheese Butternut Squash via Yay for Food
Hasselback Butternut Squash via Posh Journal
Butternut Squash Lasagna via Julia's Album
Butternut Squash Green Chili Chicken Soup via Ambitious Kitchen
Roasted Garlic Brie Butternut Squash Scalloped Potatoes via Whole and Heavenly Oven
One Pot Butternut Squash Chicken Curry via The Girl on Bloor
Butternut Squash Carbonara via My Kitchen Love
Butternut Squash Enchiladas via Skinnytaste
Meal Prep Butternut Squash Harvest Bowls via The Girl on Bloor
Butternut Squash Fries via Feel Good Foodie
Butternut Squash Noodles with Sage via Sweet Peas and Saffron
Butternut Squash Stuffed Shells via The Girl on Bloor
Butternut Squash Fritters via Just a Taste
Curried Butternut Squash Soup via The Girl on Bloor
Butternut Squash Pizza via The Endless Meal
Slow Cooker Butternut Squash Lentil Dal via The Girl on Bloor
Roasted Butternut Squash via Love and Lemons
Butternut Squash Potstickers via Delish
Butternut Squash Mac and Cheese via The Girl on Bloor
Black Bean and Butternut Squash Burritos via Oh She Glows
Butternut Squash Ravioli with Kale Pesto via Pinch of Yum
Turkey Meatloaf with Butternut Squash via Delish
Kale and Squash Frittata via Downshiftology
Butternut Squash Gnocchi via The Girl on Bloor
Butternut Squash and Breakfast Sausage Skillet via Fit Foodie Finds
Butternut Squash Nachos via Green Healthy Cooking
Roasted Butternut Squash Spinach Salad via Salt and Lavender
Roasted Butternut Squash Tacos via Cookie and Kate
Garlic Parmesan Butternut Squash via Garden in the Kitchen
Want to Learn How to Meal Prep? Join Dinner Prep Pro!
Our meal planning service removes the guesswork and helps you get dinner on the table in 15-20 minutes each night thanks to our prep ahead checklists. It takes just one hour of ingredient prep on a Sunday!
Stuffed Squash with Sausage – Check out the recipe card!
Meal prep staples
- Glass meal prep bowls are so great for microwaving and reheating your food safely
- Salad containers are another awesome option for keeping your greens and proteins separated so nothing gets soggy.
- My rice cooker saves me so much time in the meal prep process because I can cook my grains ahead of time.
- These bento box containers are perfect for packing snacks and lunches together!
- Restock your freezer with grass-fed beef and poultry from Butcher Box – and for a limited time get two free ribeyes and bacon!
Download your FREE 7-day fall dinner menu
If you're looking for more fall favourites, download my free 7-day fall menu filled with healthy recipes. Click here to download your free menu.
30+ Best Butternut Squash Recipes for Fall
- 2 tbsp olive oil divided
- 2 small butternut squash peeled and slice in half lengthwise
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 1 tbsp fennel seeds
- 2 tsp paprika
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 2 cups kale
- Preheat oven to 450 F. Microwave squash one at a time for 2 minutes each. Peel and slice butternut squash in half lengthwise. Scoop out the seeds then arrange halves on a parchment lined baking sheet, cut sides up. Drizzle with 1 tbsp olive oil then season with salt and pepper. Bake for 45 minutes until softened.
- Meanwhile, mix fennel, paprika, garlic powder, salt & pepper into raw ground turkey to create sausage. Pan fry with 1 tbsp olive oil over med-high heat for 7-8 minutes until fully browned and cooked through. Stir in kale then set aside.
- Remove squash from oven and scrape out a thin layer of flesh. Either reserve flesh for another use or toss with cooked turkey and kale, then stuff back into squash and bake another 5 minutes. Serve and enjoy!