These 25 Delicious Leftover Turkey Recipes are the perfect options for using up that extra turkey from Thanksgiving or Christmas.
Leftover Turkey Recipes
Leftover turkey can be a big problem when you no longer have a giant holiday crowd to help you eat it (check out my top Thanksgiving recipes here). You could just freeze any leftover turkey to save for future meals, or you could try some of these awesome leftover turkey recipes to help you make sure that nothing goes to waste!
There are so many creative ways to use leftover turkey – you can turn your leftovers into everything from turkey soup to pot pies, casserole, chili, pasta and more.
Download your free 7-day holiday leftovers menu
If you're looking for a full 7-day meal plan for using up leftover turkey, I've got you covered! Download my Holiday Leftovers Meal Plan complete with breakfast, lunch and dinner for the entire week. You can see how to make the recipes in my YouTube video too! Click here to download your free menu.
Frequently Asked Questions
Leftover turkey is good for about 5 days, as long as you store it in the fridge in airtight containers. If you plan on storing it for longer than that, I’d freeze it.
If you can't use up that leftover turkey within 5 days, then you can always freeze it in glass containers with lids or in Ziploc bags for up to 3 months. Make sure you defrost in the fridge overnight or sprinkle some water over top and microwave for 5 to 6 minutes from frozen when reheating.
You definitely can eat your turkey leftovers, but there are so many other ways you can cook with it! Check out some of my favourite recipes below so you don’t get stuck eating boring, cold turkey for days after Thanksgiving.
Turkey Leftover Recipes
This round-up of leftover turkey recipes will help give you some holiday leftover ideas so that you never have to worry about too much food ever again.
Chicken Wild Rice Soup via The Girl on Bloor (sub in leftover turkey for chicken)
Crockpot Chicken and Rice via The Girl on Bloor (sub in leftover turkey for chicken)
Caprese Spaghetti Squash via The Girl on Bloor (use leftover turkey instead of cooking up fresh chicken)
Mini Chicken Curry Pot Pies via The Girl on Bloor (sub in turkey for chicken!)
Use up any leftover pumpkin puree with this Pumpkin Mac and Cheese
Wanna Learn How To Meal Prep?
My meal planning service, Dinner Prep Pro, removes the guesswork and helps you get dinner on the table in 15-20 minutes each night. My meal prep checklists only take 1 hour each week!
Meal prep tools
- Don't forget meal prep containers to store everything – these are microwave-friendly for reheating food.
- Speaking of meat, I order my grass-fed turkey from Butcher Box!
25 Delicious Leftover Turkey Recipes
- 1 cup cooked leftover turkey
- 1 bag frozen fries
- 2 cups leftover veggies peas, carrots, corn, brussels sprouts, etc
- 1 cup cheese curds
- 2 cups leftover gravy
- 2 tbsp Leftover cranberry sauce
- Fresh chopped parsley for garnish
- Preheat oven to 425 F. Add fries to a parchment-lined baking sheet in one even layer. Bake for 10 minutes each side.
- When fries are mostly cooked through, top with leftover turkey, veggies, cheese curds and gravy. Bake another 5-10 minutes until cheese is melted.
- Remove from oven, top with cranberry sauce and garnish with fresh parsley if desired. Serve and enjoy!