Cashew Chicken Meal Prep Bowls
These Cashew Chicken Meal Prep Bowls are a delicious, healthy lunch idea that comes together in one pan with a simple Asian-inspired sauce!
Say hello to one of my favourite new meal prep recipes with these Cashew Chicken Meal Prep Bowls! All you need is one big skillet and 20 minutes and you'll have four lunches ready to go for the work week. Yep, I'll take any excuse I can get to save time in the kitchen on the weekend!
I think that's what's funny about people saying they have no time to cook or meal prep – it literally can ALL be done in less than half an hour if you plan it out properly.
AND you reduce waste because you're likely using up vegetables that you already have on hand in the fridge, getting to them right before they go bad. That's a win-win in my books!
I seriously need to start incorporating more stir fries like these Cashew Chicken Meal Prep Bowls into my life. They're so healthy, and the basic formula always remains the same:
- Lean protein (like chicken)
- Mixed vegetables (you can use fresh or frozen)
- Garlic & ginger (sometimes I use the paste in a tube from the fresh foods section of the grocery store to save time, or I meal prep my garlic and ginger for the week ahead for easy meal prep)
- A spicy-sweet soy sauce combo that's made up of mostly pantry staples
There's just so much flavour going on in these Cashew Chicken Meal Prep Bowls!
While everyone else is out grabbing takeout, you've got a microwave-friendly lunch to heat up and everyone will swear you went for takeout too.
In fact, when I first made these Cashew Chicken Meal Prep Bowls I actually ate the whole panful in just two or three days for lunch. I might have even had one for breakfast.
I swear, the cashews add a nice touch too.
I've made these Cashew Chicken Meal Prep Bowls low-carb (just chicken and veggies) so feel free to add some cooked rice or noodles to the equation as well if you'd like.
Lo mein noodles would be EXTRA tasty, or rice noodles. So many options…I think this cashew chicken would remind me of these Sesame Chicken Noodle Bowls or Shrimp Yakisoba Noodle Bowls were you to add noodles to the equation. You really can't beat stir fried noodles, they're my fave!
These Cashew Chicken Meal Prep Bowls remind me of this stir fry dish we get at my family's favourite Thai restaurant in Hamilton and you'll swear you're eating takeout for the work week!
You could even switch your meal prep up and do a 2-for-1 deal by using two pans to switch up the protein and veggies in both bowls but keeping the sauce the same. Do shrimp, zucchini, bell peppers and bok choy in one pan with the sauce, then do chicken, cashews, carrots, broccoli and onions in the other. Something along those lines.
I feel like that's the number one thing people complain about with meal prep and that's that they can't eat the same thing everyday for a week. Well, don't be afraid to switch it up! It's easy!
Will you be making these Cashew Chicken Meal Prep Bowls?
When meal prep is this easy and delicious, it's hard to see how you couldn't just set aside just a few minutes of your weekend to get the work week started off right!
Get your square glass meal prep bowls here!
And of course I get all my free-range chicken breasts from Butcher Box!
Cashew Chicken Meal Prep Bowls
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 4 chicken breasts, diced into 1-inch cubes
- 1 carrot, chopped
- 1 tbsp gingerroot, minced
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 red pepper, chopped
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 1 head broccoli, cut into florets
- 2 tbsp low-sodium soy sauce or tamari
- 1 tbsp Sriracha
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1/2 cup cashews
- Sesame seeds for garnish
- Preheat oil in a large skillet over med-high heat. Add chicken and saute for 4-5 minutes until browned. Add carrots, ginger, garlic, soy sauce, sriracha and honey, cooking another 5 minutes until carrots soften. Add in red pepper, onion and broccoli, then place a large lid overtop and steam for another 5 minutes.
- Stir in cashews, then divide among four glass bowls. Garnish with sesame seeds (optional) and then store in fridge up to 5 days.