These Instant Pot Cilantro Lime Pulled Chicken Tacos are a delicious way to meal prep chicken breasts for the week – with less than 10 ingredients, they're ready in 30 minutes!
Say hello to your next weeknight dinner made in a flash.
These Instant Pot Cilantro Lime Pulled Chicken Tacos are the BOMB!
I can't get enough.
What makes them so special is the fact that you can get hands-off, tender juicy pulled chicken in a matter of 15 minutes; no more waiting all day for it to cook in the slow cooker, it's all made in one pot in record time! And cilantro lime chicken may just be my new favourite flavour – you can also grill it like I did with these Cilantro Lime Chicken Soba Noodle Bowls!
If you have not run out and bought yourself an Instant Pot yet, you don't know what you're missing. It's the quickest way to cook all kinds of fun and flavourful food like these Instant Pot Cilantro Lime Pulled Chicken Tacos or these 20-Minute Chicken Burrito Bowls.
I think I'm making just about all my lunches using this thing lately?
Whether you're cooking dinner for four or just want to have leftovers to enjoy all week long, the Instant Pot is great for meal prep. Dump everything in, let it cook for 15 minutes, and then you've got the rest of the weekend to yourself!
These Instant Pot Cilantro Lime Pulled Chicken Tacos are so versatile and remind me of the Pulled Chicken Burritos I used to make all the time back in the day. BUT, believe it or not, it used to be a whole process for me to go through and boil the chicken, shred it, saute with all the seasonings, and then prep all the other components along with it.
These days, I've got such limited time to cook that when I can save time in the kitchen I take it.
You'll basically be cooking these Instant Pot Cilantro Lime Pulled Chicken Tacos all at once in the seasonings, then shredding and dumping back in the sauce. Whatever veggies you have on hand, prep them in the 15 minutes or so the chicken takes to cook.
I almost always have lettuce, red onion and tomatoes on hand in the fridge or kicking around in my pantry so those are go-to options for me for veggies, and then I've added some chopped avocado, shredded cheese and bagged coleslaw mix for extra flavour.
Top with sour cream and salsa, and dinner is served!
Maybe you could even manage to make a margarita or two while you're waiting for all this deliciousness to cook up. After a long day like you've had, you deserve it 😉
Will you be making these Instant Pot Cilantro Lime Pulled Chicken Tacos?
Whether you make 'em for lunch as your weekly meal prep or make them for dinner, you'll get slow cooker style chicken ready in a matter of just 30 minutes! I'm down!
The Instant Pot DUO Plus 60 is the version I use in this recipe.
I love these corn tortillas!
And this is my fave taco seasoning if you don’t feel like making your own!
Get your square glass meal prep bowls here for packing up your leftovers.
And of course I get all my free-range chicken breasts from Butcher Box!
Instant Pot Cilantro Lime Pulled Chicken Tacos
- 3 chicken breasts
- 1/3 cup lime juice
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp taco seasoning
- 1 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup chopped cilantro (divided)
- corn tortillas
- diced red onion
- Coleslaw mix/chopped cabbage
- Shredded cheese
- sour cream
- Diced avocado
- Diced tomatoes
- Pickled jalapenos
- Dump all ingredients for chicken in Instant Pot, adding half of the cilantro and saving the other half for after. Add raw chicken breasts last. Set to manual and pressure cook on high for 3 minutes (add 2 more minutes if using larger breasts). Instant Pot will take about 10 minutes to pre-heat and then the 3 minutes to cook. When complete, press cancel and do a quick release of the steam, waiting until the pressure gauge drops back down and the lid is safe to open.
- Remove lid and chicken breasts. Shred with a fork or wait until chicken is cool and pull apart with your fingers. Add back to Instant Pot sauce along with the remaining half of the fresh cilantro. Stir well until everything is combined. Chicken will be sitting in extra liquid so use a slotted spoon to serve.
- Add chicken to warm corn tortillas along with toppings of your choice. Serve and enjoy!