This 5-Ingredient Meal Prep Egg White Frittata is the perfect high protein meal prep breakfast, and it only has 181 calories per serving!
Ingredients and substitutions
- Olive oil – any neutral oil can be used, like avocado, vegetable, etc.
- Carton egg whites – you may also use regular, fresh eggs or egg whites. Any size can be used.
- Cherry tomatoes – any type of tomatoes can be used. To substitute, you can also try using other veggies, like roasted red peppers, or cheeses instead.
- Baby spinach – any leafy greens can work, like kale, swiss chards, arugula, collard greens, etc.
- Salt & pepper – use to taste.
Using eggs instead of egg whites from the carton
A 500mL carton of egg whites is usually equivalent to 15-16 freshly-cracked egg whites. If you'd prefer to use eggs instead of the carton, you can separate the egg whites from the yolks then continue to follow the instructions on the recipe card. You may also use whole eggs, if preferred. This will require about 6-7 eggs, including the yolk. Both options work great!
Storing and reheating
To store, cook your frittata then allow it to cool completely. Once cooled, place it into an airtight container or wrap it up in plastic wrap and store it in the fridge. This can be kept for up to 3-4 days. You can store this in four or five separate portions or can keep it as one whole frittata. When ready to be eaten, you can enjoy this cold or warmed up. To reheat, place it in the microwave for 1-2 minutes or until hot. This can be served with fresh cheese on top, a preferred sauce, on a bagel or however you'd like!
Freezing this frittata
To freeze, allow your cooked frittata to cool completely. Once cooled, place it into an airtight, freezer-safe container and store it in the freezer. This can be kept for up to 2-3 months, if remained sealed. When ready to be eaten, thaw it overnight in the refrigerator. To reheat, microwave it for 1-2 minutes or until hot. This can also be reheated in the oven at 300F for 15-20 minutes or until hot.
More freezer-friendly breakfasts
- Freezer-Friendly Turkey Sausage Breakfast Sandwich
- Freezer-Friendly Meal Prep Breakfast Taquitos
- Protein Banana Oatmeal Breakfast Cookies
Meal prep tools
- Grab some Glass meal prep bowls for your leftovers.
- I use cake pans similar to these to cook my frittatas.
5-Ingredient Meal Prep Egg White Frittata
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 500mL carton egg whites
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, sliced in half or 1 red pepper, diced
- 1 cup baby spinach, chopped
- 1/2 tsp each Salt & pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 F. Grease a large shallow round baking dish/cake pan with olive oil, making sure to grease the sides well. Add remaining ingredients, stirring well and gently with a fork.
- Place baking dish on top of a baking sheet lined with parchment paper just in case a bit of the oil rises above the egg white mixture (optional, but I do this to avoid grease dripping down into the oven as the egg whites rise and cook).
- Bake in the oven for 30-35 minutes until egg whites are firmly set. Remove from oven and slice into 4-5 pieces when cooled. Congrats, you've got breakfast ready for the week!