These Turkey Bacon Egg White Cups are a delicious grab and go breakfast idea filled with veggies – and they're ready in just 25 minutes!
How to make this recipe
Preheat the oven to 350 F. While preheating, grease 12 muffin cups with cooking spray, olive oil or butter.
Line each cup with turkey bacon slices.
Meanwhile, mix egg whites with Italian seasoning and salt, then wash and prep the veggies.
Divide the veggies, cheese and egg whites among muffin cups, then bake in the oven for 15 min.
Enjoy right away or let cool then refrigerate or freezer to meal prep them for your week!
Ingredients and substitutions
- Cooking spray – you can also use butter, avocado oil or olive oil
- Turkey bacon – turkey bacon is a leaner option but you can use any bacon of your choice.
- Egg whites – separate the egg white from the yolk or buy carton egg whites
- Italian seasoning – if you don’t have Italian seasoning use a blend of all or some of these spices: basil, marjoram, oregano, rosemary and thyme.
- Sea salt (to taste)
- Red pepper – use any bell pepper colour of your choice. If you’re not a fan of peppers, customize with any vegetable you’d like.
- Red onion – white onion, yellow onion or shallots will also work.
- Kale – spinach is a great alternative to kale for this recipe.
- Mozzarella cheese – use any shredded cheese blend of your choice.
Storing and reheating
Make these delicious egg bites ahead of time and store them in the fridge for your breakfast for the week! Once they've cooled down, transfer them from the egg tray to an airtight container for up to one week. To reheat, take the portion you'd like to eat and warm it up in the microwave for 1-2 minutes.
Freezing egg cups
The best part of these egg cups are that they're freezer-friendly! To freeze the egg cups, wait for them to cool down and then pack them in glass bowls or large freezer Ziploc bags. When you're ready to eat them you can reheat them in the microwave straight from frozen for 4-5 minutes.
More egg recipes
Looking for more easy breakfast recipes using eggs? I've got a TON of other meal prep-friendly egg recipes!
Meal prep tools
- These are the glass meal prep bowls I use.
- Here's a similar silicone egg tray you can use.
- Freeze this recipe in glass microwave-safe bowls up to 3 months
Grab & Go Turkey Bacon Egg White Cups
- Cooking spray
- 12 slices turkey bacon
- 2 cups egg whites (I use free run eggs from a carton)
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 red pepper, diced
- 1/2 red onion, diced
- 1 cup kale, finely chopped
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Grease 12 muffin cups with cooking spray, olive oil or butter. Line each cup with turkey bacon slices. Meanwhile, mix egg whites with Italian seasoning and salt. Prepare veggies.
- Divide veggies, cheese and egg whites among muffin cups, then bake in the oven for 15 min. Let cool then refrigerate or freeze until ready to eat. Reheat in microwave for 1 min for refrigerated egg cups, or 2-3 min for frozen. Serving size is 2 egg cups.