This copycat Starbucks Acai Refresher tastes just like the original. This light, fruity drink is perfect for spring and summer!
Ingredients and substitutions
- Green tea bag – green coffee extract powder would also work.
- Passion tango tea bag – you could also use passion fruit extract powder.
- White grape juice – apple juice can be used, but will have a different flavour.
- Acai powder – this is pretty crucial to the recipe. You could try using frozen acai in a pinch.
- Freeze-dried strawberries – fresh or frozen strawberries could also be used.
Skip the Ads and Get Right to the Recipes!
- ZERO ADS on over 600 recipes!
- Weekly Meal Plans, Grocery & Prep Lists
- Bonus eBooks
How to make a strawberry acai refresher
Step 1: Brew the tea.
Steep a green tea bag and passion tango tea bag in room temperature water.
Step 2: Mix together the tea and juice.
Remove the tea bags, then mix in the white grape juice.
Step 3: Stir in the acai powder.
Step 4: Add the strawberries.
Add freeze-dried strawberries to the bottom of a glass.
Step 5: Add the ice.
Step 6: Pour and serve!
Add the remaining ingredients, stirring well to combine. Serve and enjoy!
Variations of this refresher
Here are some different ways you can modify this strawberry acai refresher recipe:
- Caffeine-Free: Make sure you select a caffeine-free green tea to make this drink caffeine-free.
- Strawberries: If you don't have any freeze-dried strawberries, fresh or frozen strawberries would work.
- Lemonade: For added sweetness, swap out some or all of the grape juice for lemonade.
- Pink Drink: Check out our recipe for the Starbucks Pink Drink!
Frequently Asked Questions
The amount of caffeine in your strawberry acai refresher varies depending on what kind of green tea you use. The original Starbucks version has 45mg of caffeine per drink, but it will really vary depending on what brand of green tea you brew. You can even use a caffeine-free option!
You can store the passion tango-acai base in a jug in the fridge for up to a week. When you're ready to enjoy, add the freeze-dried strawberries and ice to a glass then pour in the passion tango-acai base.
This recipe is for a strawberry acai refresher, but you can check out my Starbucks Pink Drink recipe to make the delicious and creamy beverage.
Making a big batch
Want to make a big batch of this strawberry acai refresher? It's easy! You can multiple the recipe to make a big batch to serve at a party or a get-together with friends – just double, triple or quadruple the ingredients depending on how much you want to make.
If you want to enjoy this drink throughout the week, you can brew the tea ahead of time and store it in the fridge for a few days. That way, when you're ready for your Starbucks refresher, all you have to do is mix everything together and pour it into a cup.
Starbucks Strawberry Acai Refresher Copycat
- 1 Green tea bag
- 1 Passion tango tea bag
- 1/4 cup White grape juice
- 1/4 tsp Acai powder
- 2 tbsp Freeze-dried strawberries
- 1 handful Ice
- Steep a green tea bag and passion tango tea bag in 1/2 cup of room temperature water for 5-10 minutes. Remove tea bags, then mix in white grape juice and acai powder.
- Add freeze-dried strawberries to the bottom of a glass, then add ice.
- Add remaining ingredients, stirring well to combine. Serve and enjoy!