This copycat Starbucks Acai Refresher tastes just like the original. This light, fruity drink is perfect for spring and summer!
Ingredients and substitutions
- Green tea bag – green coffee extract powder would also work.
- Passion tango tea bag – you could also use passion fruit extract powder.
- White grape juice – apple juice can be used, but will have a different flavour.
- Acai powder – this is pretty crucial to the recipe. You could try using frozen acai in a pinch.
- Freeze-dried strawberries – fresh or frozen strawberries could also be used.
Skip the Ads and Get Right to the Recipes!
- ZERO ADS on over 600 recipes!
- Weekly Meal Plans, Grocery & Prep Lists
- Bonus eBooks
How to make a strawberry acai refresher
Step 1: Brew the tea.
Steep a green tea bag and passion tango tea bag in 1/2 cup of room temperature water for 5-10 minutes.
Step 2: Mix together the tea and juice.
Remove tea bags, then mix in white grape juice.
Step 3: Stir in the acai powder.
Step 4: Add the strawberries.
Add freeze-dried strawberries to the bottom of a glass.
Step 5: Add the ice.
Step 6: Pour and serve!
Add remaining ingredients, stirring well to combine. Serve and enjoy!
Calories in Starbucks strawberry acai refresher
One Grande serving (approximately 16 oz.) of the strawberry acai refresher from Starbucks has 100 calories. In comparison, one serving of my copycat strawberry refresher has just 44 calories per serving. So not only are you saving money by making your own at home, you’re also saving more than half the calories!
Frequently Asked Questions
This strawberry acai refresher recipe is made with green tea, passion tango tea, white grape juice, acai powder, freeze-dried strawberries and ice. In comparison, the Starbucks version has a list of several mysterious ingredients as listed on their website, including ‘natural flavours’, ‘natural green coffee flavour’, and ‘fruit and vegetable juice’.
The amount of caffeine in your strawberry acai refresher varies depending on what kind of green tea you use. The original Starbucks version has 45mg of caffeine per drink, but it will really vary depending on what brand of green tea you brew. You can even use a caffeine-free option!
This strawberry refresher is definitely a healthy drink option. In addition to only having about 44 calories per serving, it’s also made with real ingredients and no added sugar.
Making a big batch
Want to make a big batch of this strawberry acai refresher? It's easy! You can multiple the recipe to make a big batch to serve at a party or a get-together with friends – just double, triple or quadruple the ingredients depending on how much you want to make.
If you want to enjoy this drink throughout the week, you can brew the tea ahead of time and store it in the fridge for a few days. That way, when you're ready for your Starbucks refresher, all you have to do is mix everything together and pour it into a cup.
More Starbucks copycat recipes
Meal Prep Tools
- Order some freeze-dried strawberries online – they're also great for snacking!
- You can also order Tazo passion tea online.
- Get some fun reusable straws for your drinks!
- **Get my full list of tools here**
Starbucks Strawberry Acai Refresher Copycat
- 1 Green tea bag
- 1 Passion tango tea bag
- 1/4 cup White grape juice
- 1/4 tsp Acai powder
- 2 tbsp Freeze-dried strawberries
- 1 handful Ice
- Steep a green tea bag and passion tango tea bag in 1/2 cup of room temperature water for 5-10 minutes. Remove tea bags, then mix in white grape juice and acai powder.
- Add freeze-dried strawberries to the bottom of a glass, then add ice.
- Add remaining ingredients, stirring well to combine. Serve and enjoy!
Leave A Reply!