These Big Mac Tater Tot Nachos are packed with special sauce, ground beef, pickles and cheese – a special indulgence and twist on a classic!
Hey, yes, I'm back already! Since tomorrow is Remembrance Day here in Canada, I will be posting my weekly recipe video early in order to pay my respects – especially to my grandpa, who fought in World War II.
Well, you'll be happy to hear I'm posting early because I've got a fast food favourite to heal the soul after quite a bit of bad news this week.
That's usually how things seem to work, right?
I've had a rough time trying to find the energy to work this week.
I'm not sure if the US election has just exhausted me, or whether it's the whole getting dark at 4pm thing, or if I should just stop trying to work 12 hour days on creative projects when I know my brain can only handle so much.
Yeah, maybe I'm just mentally exhausted.
Physically, I feel okay – I've kind of been withholding this information from you, but I've officially lost 20lbs and reached my goal weight of 120lbs!
I know, the irony of saying this and then introducing you to a giant pile of Big Mac Tater Tot Nachos LOL.
But I'm still very excited about this. Ever since I moved home to my parents' place in March I have been working really hard on my health and fitness.
Working from home has definitely been easier for meal planning, but I'm actually away and on the run quite a few weekends out of the month seeing friends and handling business (like a boss lady I might add), and I also work around food for work, so there's also the whole trying to eat healthy but not wanting to waste food thing.
So don't get me wrong I'm thrilled about the progress I've made and happy that I have re-committed to health and vitality and whole foods and yada yada, but sometimes a girl's just gotta pig out.
And that's what these Big Mac Tater Tot Nachos are made for: WHEN YOU JUST NEED A BREAK FROM IT ALL.
Even when things are just going all wrong in the world. I am convinced that food heals ALL.
If you've kinda given up on this week like I have but aren't quite down with the Big Mac tater tot nachos idea, then you should check out these other fun, kitschy recipe ideas:
- Calamari Takeout Boxes
- White Chocolate Chip Funfetti Sandwiches
- Watermelon Poptails
- Spicy Shrimp Sushi Stacks
- Buffalo Chicken Potato Nachos
- One Pot Mac and Cheese Bar
- Bang Bang Shrimp Tacos
Big Mac Tater Tot Nachos (Video!)
- 1 package tater tots
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 lb extra-lean ground beef
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- iceberg lettuce
- 1-2 tomatoes diced
- 1 small yellow onion diced
- 1 cup mayo
- 2 tbsp ketchup
- 1/4 cup finely diced onions
- 2 tbsp relish
- 1/2 tsp vinegar
- Preheat oven to 450 F. Spread tater tots out in one layer on a parchment lined baking sheet. Bake in the oven for 22-25 min, flipping halfway through.
- Meanwhile, heat olive oil in a large frying pan over med-high heat. Cook ground beef with salt and pepper to taste for 10-15 min, until beef is fully cooked. Set aside and prepare toppings.
- Prepare special sauce by mixing all ingredients together. Spoon into a plastic bag, then cut off the end of one of the corners.
- Remove tater tots from the oven and sprinkle cheese over top, then sprinkle ground beef. Put back in the oven for 5 min, until cheese is melted.
- Remove from oven and top with all desired toppings, then drizzle sauce overtop. Serve and enjoy!