This Garlic Parm Air Fryer Asparagus recipe is going to become your next favourite side dish – it only takes 15 minutes and 5 ingredients!
Ingredients and substitutions
- Asparagus – the asparagus is pretty essential to this recipe, but you could also try making garlic parm green beans in the air fryer.
- Olive oil – or another neutral cooking oil like avocado or canola oil.
- Balsamic vinegar – use lemon juice if you don’t have any balsamic vinegar on hand.
- Garlic – freshly minced garlic is best but jarred minced garlic can be used in a pinch.
- Salt & pepper – to taste.
- Parmesan cheese – nutritional yeast is a great dairy-free substitute.
Skip the Ads and Get Right to the Recipes!
- ZERO ADS on over 600 recipes!
- Weekly Meal Plans, Grocery & Prep Lists
- Bonus eBooks
How to cook asparagus in the air fryer
Step 1: Prep your ingredients.
Preheat air fryer to 400 F for 5 minutes.
Step 2: Season the asparagus.
Meanwhile, trim about 1 inch of the ends off the asparagus (just the tough parts) and then toss in a large bowl or on a sheet pan with olive oil, balsamic vinegar, minced garlic and salt and pepper.
Step 3: Cook in the air fryer.
Air fry asparagus for 10 minutes.
Step 4: Serve and enjoy!
Remove and sprinkle parmesan overtop, then serve and enjoy!
Is asparagus good for you?
Asparagus is definitely good for you – it’s packed full of important vitamins and nutrients. Making asparagus in the air fryer is also a healthy way to cook it, because you’re not drenching it in oil or deep frying it!
Here are some of the health benefits of asparagus:
- High in folate and vitamin K
- Promotes gut health with its high fibre content
- Rich in antioxidants including vitamin E, vitamin C and glutathione
- Low in calories
Frequently Asked Questions
When you make asparagus in the air fryer, it only needs to cook for 10 minutes, so it’s ready in a flash! It’s a super delicious and easy side dish idea for any meal.
If you find that your air fryer asparagus isn’t crispy and has gotten soggy, you’ve likely overcooked it. Make sure you only cook it for 10 minutes.
This asparagus air fryer recipe makes a great side dish for basically any meal. Serve it with pasta, chicken, beef, fish and more. You can even try out different seasonings based on what you’re serving it with like Italian seasoning, cayenne, lemon juice and more.
Storing and reheating
You can store any leftover air fryer asparagus in the fridge for 2 to 3 days in an airtight glass container. When you’re ready to enjoy, just pop the asparagus back in the air fryer for about 3 minutes until warmed through. Easy-peasy!
Freezing this recipe
While I wouldn’t recommend freezing this air fryer asparagus after it’s been cooked, you can freeze fresh asparagus to use later. This is a great option if you have a big batch that you won’t use all at once! Blanch the asparagus then flash-freeze it on a tray before transferring it to a Ziploc bag. It should last in the freezer for up to 6 months.
You won’t have to worry about defrosting the asparagus, since it can be cooked right from frozen. Toss it in the air fryer to reheat, add on your favourite seasonings and dig in.
Wanna Learn How To Meal Prep?
My meal planning service, Dinner Prep Pro, removes the guesswork and helps you get dinner on the table in 15-20 minutes each night. My meal prep checklists only take 1 hour each week!
Garlic Parm Air Fryer Asparagus
- 1 lb asparagus ends trimmed
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar or lemon juice
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- salt & pepper to taste
- 2 tbsp parmesan cheese grated
- Preheat air fryer to 400 F for 5 minutes. Meanwhile, trim about 1 inch of the ends off the asparagus (just the tough parts) and then toss in a large bowl or on a sheet pan with olive oil, balsamic vinegar, minced garlic and salt and pepper.
- Air fry asparagus for 10 minutes.
- Remove and sprinkle parmesan overtop, then serve and enjoy!