These Instant Pot Sriracha Chicken Tacos are a healthy and delicious 30-minute meal idea served with homemade mango and avocado salsa.
How to make chicken tacos
- Cook the chicken and water on high pressure.
- Do a quick release of the steam.
- Make the mango salsa.
- Shred the chicken.
- Toss with sriracha, honey and salt.
- Assemble tacos.
- Serve and dig in!
Ingredients and substitutions
- Chicken breasts – you could also use boneless skinless chicken thighs.
- Sriracha – use any type of chili garlic sauce or make your own homemade sriracha.
- Honey – white or brown sugar would work in a pinch.
- Lime juice – lemon juice would work but has a slightly different flavour.
- Tortillas – I like using corn tortillas but you can use whatever kind you prefer.
- Mango – the mango is key to this salsa, but you could also try using peach to make a peach salsa instead.
- Avocado – leave this out altogether if you don't have any avocado on hand.
- Plum tomatoes – cherry tomatoes would be the best substitute here.
- Red onion – white or yellow onion would work but have a milder flavour.
- Cilantro – parsley or mint can be used but have a different taste.
- Salt – to taste.
How many calories are in a chicken taco?
These chicken tacos have 423 calories per serving or about 141 calories per taco. They’re super delicious and a lighter option when you’re craving Mexican food!
What to put on chicken tacos
The homemade mango salsa is amazing with these chicken tacos, but if you’re looking for other topping ideas you can try onion, lettuce, guacamole, sour cream or regular store-bought salsa.
What is sriracha sauce?
Sriracha is a spicy, Asian-style chili sauce that is reminiscent of a very spicy ketchup. It brings a delicious flavour to tacos!
How to make mango salsa
The mango salsa is probably one of the best parts of this recipe and can be made ahead of time too. All you need to do is dice up some fresh mango, add red onions, lime juice, cilantro and salt – I added in cherry tomatoes then topped these Instant Pot Sriracha Chicken Tacos with some avocado and extra cilantro, but you can make other sub-ins like red cabbage, bell peppers and more as you have them.
That's one of the best parts of taco night: you can literally use ANY veggie! As long as you've got some delicious sauce and some sort of salsa, you're good!
Storing and reheating
You can store the leftover chicken and taco toppings in the fridge up to 5 days. Sprinkle some water overtop and reheat the chicken in the microwave for 1-2 minutes, then add your toppings fresh.
Freezing the chicken
You can freeze the cooked seasoned chicken in a glass container or freezer bag for up to 3 months. To reheat, defrost the chicken in the fridge overnight, then reheat in the microwave for 1-2 minutes. Make sure to sprinkle some water overtop before reheating and/or add more sriracha to avoid the chicken drying out.
More easy taco recipes
- Instant Pot Cilantro Lime Pulled Chicken Tacos
- Instant Pot Chicken Tinga Tacos
- Crockpot Chicken Tacos with Pineapple Salsa
Meal prep tools
- The Instant Pot DUO Plus 60 is the version I use in this recipe
- Order extra sriracha here
- Get your square glass meal prep bowls here for your leftovers
- I get all my free-range chicken breasts from Butcher Box
Instant Pot Sriracha Chicken Tacos
- 1 lb chicken breasts
- 2 cups water
- 3 tbsp Sriracha
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- 1 tsp salt
- 12 corn or mini flour tortillas, microwaved 20 seconds
- 1 mango, diced
- 1 avocado, diced
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, sliced in half
- 1 small red onion, diced
- 1/3 cup cilantro, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Add chicken and water to Instant Pot. Cook on high pressure for 3-6 minutes (the larger the breast, the longer the cook time). Instant Pot will take about 10-15 minutes to pre-heat and then the 3 minutes to cook. When complete, press cancel and do a quick release of the steam, waiting until the pressure gauge drops back down and the lid is safe to open.
- Meanwhile, mix all ingredients for mango salsa together.
- Remove chicken from Instant Pot and let cool slightly before shredding. Add back into Instant Pot after draining water. Toss chicken with sriracha, honey and salt, mixing well. Add chicken to tortillas, then top with mango salsa and serve!