This Instant Pot Chicken Bacon Ranch Pasta is made lighter with packaged ranch seasoning, turkey bacon and Greek yogurt!
Ingredients and substitutions
- Olive oil – any neutral oil can be used in place of olive oil
- Chicken breast – chicken thighs can be used as well. Note: chicken thighs will need a different cook time than chicken breast.
- Garlic – fresh or jarred minced garlic is recommended for this recipe
- Ranch seasoning packet – you can use homemade ranch seasoning or replace it with a minimal amount of ranch dressing.
- Salt & pepper (to taste)
- Water – use chicken broth or vegetable stock in the Instant Pot when cooking the chicken for extra flavour.
- Rotini pasta – any short pasta shape that you prefer will work.
- Greek yogurt – plain, unsweetened Greek yogurt is best. Use any plain yogurt of your choice.
- Parmesan cheese – asiago is a great alternative to parmesan but feel free to use a substitute you like or leave it out altogether.
- Broccoli – replace broccoli with a veggie of your choice or leave it out altogether.
- Parsley – fresh parsley to garnish is recommended for this recipe.
- Turkey bacon – turkey bacon is a leaner option but if you prefer to use pork bacon, you can go ahead!
How to make chicken bacon ranch pasta in the Instant Pot
- Add the first 7 ingredients to the Instant Pot in order.
- Cook on high pressure, then do a quick pressure release.
- Cook the turkey bacon.
- Stir in the Greek yogurt and parmesan.
- Mix in the broccoli, parsley and turkey bacon.
- Serve and enjoy!
Top tips for this pasta
This Instant Pot chicken bacon ranch pasta is already super easy and delicious, but there are a couple of tips that will really take this dish to the next level:
- Make your own homemade ranch seasoning – it's super easy!
- Grate fresh parmesan instead of using the pre-shredded or store-bought stuff.
- Use any kind of short pasta shape. I wouldn't suggest a longer shape as it won't cook in the same amount of time.
- Swap out the chicken for another protein source like turkey or sausage.
Frequently Asked Questions
This chicken bacon ranch pasta is basically a whole meal on its own, but if you're looking for side dish ideas, it'd be delicious with some fresh crusty bread, garlic bread or cornbread. You could also serve it with a side salad like this brussels sprouts salad.
Yes! You can make this pasta up to 5 days in advance, which makes it a great option for meal prep. Store individual serving sizes in the fridge for easy reheating.
You can find ranch seasoning in the spices aisle of the grocery store. You can also make your own homemade ranch seasoning and store it in the pantry.
If you have leftover cooked chicken you need to use, you can leave the chicken out of this recipe and just add the olive oil, garlic, ranch seasoning, salt, pepper and water to the Instant Pot. Stir in the cooked chicken at the end along with the broccoli, parsley and turkey bacon.
Storing and reheating
This chicken bacon ranch pasta will last in the fridge for up to 5 days. To store, I prefer to do so in individual servings in glass meal prep containers. This is so that you can reheat directly in the container itself, and ensure you are getting a proper portion size. When you're ready to enjoy it, reheat in the microwave for 2-3 minutes and sprinkle water overtop to ensure the pasta doesn't dry out.
Freezing this recipe
You can freeze this pasta for up to 3 months in airtight glass bowls or meal prep containers. I'd suggest storing individual serving sizes – that way, when you're ready to enjoy, all you have to do is pull one out of the freezer. You can let the pasta defrost in the fridge overnight then reheat as normal, or reheat from frozen in the microwave for 4 to 5 minutes, stirring halfway through.
Wanna Learn How To Meal Prep?
My meal planning service, Dinner Prep Pro, removes the guesswork and helps you get dinner on the table in 15-20 minutes each night. My meal prep checklists only take 1 hour each week!
Meal Prep Tools
Instant Pot Chicken Bacon Ranch Pasta
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 medium-sized chicken breasts, diced into 1 inch pieces
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 1 ranch seasoning packet
- 1/2 tsp each salt and pepper
- 4 cups water
- 1 lb rotini pasta
- 3/4 cup plain Greek yogurt (I used 0% but you could use 2%)
- 3/4 cup fresh grated parmesan cheese
- 1 head broccoli, cut into small florets
- 1/2 cup fresh chopped parsley
- 8 slices turkey bacon, chopped and cooked
- Add olive oil, chicken, garlic, ranch seasoning, salt and pepper, water and pasta to Instant Pot in that order. Cook on high for 3 minutes, then do a quick pressure release. Instant Pot will take 10-15 min to preheat then cook for 3 min on high pressure.
- While Instant Pot is preheating, cook turkey bacon with a bit of olive oil in a large skillet over med-high heat, cooking for 3-4 min per side. Remove from skillet when finished and chop up when cool enough to handle. Set aside.
- When pressure gauge is down and it is safe to do so, remove lid and stir in Greek yogurt and parmesan cheese until well combined. Mix in broccoli, parsley and cooked turkey bacon then let sit for 5-10 minutes (this will give broccoli time to steam and cook). Serve and enjoy!