This Instant Pot Bruschetta Chicken Pasta is a delicious one pot pasta recipe that's perfect for summer and it’s ready in just 30 minutes!
Ingredients and substitutions
- Olive oil – or another neutral cooking oil like canola or avocado oil.
- Chicken breasts – boneless skinless chicken breasts are best but boneless skinless chicken thighs would work here too.
- Garlic – I prefer fresh minced garlic but you can use the jarred minced variety in a pinch.
- Canned diced tomatoes – feel free to swap for fresh diced tomatoes, just make sure to include all the juices.
- Rotini pasta – use another large sized pasta like penne or fusilli.
- Parmesan cheese – nutritional yeast is the best substitute here.
- Plum tomatoes – if you don’t have any fresh tomatoes, you can use canned plum tomatoes.
- Red onion – white or yellow onion will work but will have a milder flavour.
- Fresh basil – fresh basil will give you the best flavour but dried basil can be substituted if it’s all you have on hand.
- Salt & pepper – to taste.
How to make bruschetta chicken pasta
- Add everything but the bruschetta ingredients to the Instant Pot in order.
- Cook on high pressure for 3 minutes.
- Mix together all the bruschetta ingredients.
- Do a quick release of the pressure.
- Stir the parmesan and bruschetta into the Instant Pot.
- Serve and enjoy!
What to serve on the side
This pasta is well-rounded in terms of fresh veggies so it's really all you need for a satisfying, healthy dinner, but you can serve it with some sides.
Here are some easy ideas:
- Side salad
- Garlic bread
- Grilled vegetables
Frequently Asked Questions
Bruschetta chicken pasta combines two of your favourite things – yummy pasta and delicious bruschetta! It’s made up of a simple chicken, tomato and parmesan base with bruschetta stirred in at the end.
For this recipe, you need to cook the pasta along with the rest of the ingredients in the Instant Pot for 3 minutes. It will take the Instant Pot about 10-15 minutes to get up to the cooking temperature, so the total cook time is around 15-20 minutes.
While bruschetta is traditionally served on fresh slices of baguette, this recipe combines it with a yummy pasta. I like serving it with some nice crusty bread or garlic bread on the side!
Storing and reheating
You can store any leftover pasta in the fridge for up to 5 days. To reheat, simply sprinkle some water over top to avoid the pasta from drying out, and then microwave for 1-2 minutes. Add on some freshly grated parmesan cheese along with some fresh basil!
Freezing this pasta
You can freeze this bruschetta pasta recipe pretty easily! Simply store in individual servings in glass containers or freezer-safe Ziploc bags for up to 3 months. You can reheat directly from frozen for 6-7 minutes in the microwave, stirring partway through.
If you froze your pasta in freezer bags, I recommend that you do not microwave it from frozen but instead let it defrost in the fridge overnight and then transfer to a microwave-safe bowl to reheat.
Wanna Learn How To Meal Prep?
My meal planning service, Dinner Prep Pro, removes the guesswork and helps you get dinner on the table in 15-20 minutes each night. My meal prep checklists only take 1 hour each week!
More Instant Pot pasta recipes
- Instant Pot Chicken Fajita Pasta
- Instant Pot Healthy Mac & Cheese
- Instant Pot Chicken Bacon Ranch Pasta
Meal prep tools for this recipe
- The Instant Pot DUO Plus 60 is the version I use in this recipe.
- This is the pasta I used in this recipe.
- And of course I get all my free-range chicken breasts from Butcher Box!
Instant Pot Bruschetta Chicken Pasta
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 medium-sized boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 2 cups water
- 1 (796mL) can diced tomatoes in their juices
- 1 lb rotini pasta
- 1 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 5 plum tomatoes, diced
- 1 small red onion, diced
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1/2 cup fresh basil, chopped
- 1/2 each tsp Salt and pepper
- Add olive oil, chicken, garlic, water, diced tomatoes and rotini pasta to Instant Pot in that order. Cook on high pressure for 3 minutes, then do a quick pressure release. Instant Pot will take about 10-15 minutes to preheat then cook the 3 minutes.
- Meanwhile, make homemade bruschetta by mixing all ingredients under the bruschetta heading together.
- Open lid to Instant Pot when safe to do so and pressure has been released. Stir in parmesan cheese and bruschetta, mixing well.
- Garnish with some extra fresh basil, then serve and enjoy!