This Instant Pot Chicken Bacon Ranch Pasta is made lighter with packaged ranch seasoning, turkey bacon and Greek yogurt!
How to make this recipe
- Add olive oil, chicken, garlic, ranch seasoning, salt and pepper, water and pasta to Instant Pot. Then pressure cook for 3 minutes.
- Cook turkey bacon with a bit of olive oil in a large skillet. Chop into small pieces and set aside.
- When the pressure cooking is finished and it has cooled a bit, mix in Greek yogurt and parmesan cheese until well combined.
- Mix in broccoli, parsley and cooked turkey bacon then let sit for 5-10 minutes. Serve and enjoy!
Ingredients and substitutions
- Olive oil – any neutral oil can be used in place of olive oil
- Chicken breast – chicken thighs can be used as well. Note: chicken thighs will need a different cook time than chicken breast.
- Garlic – fresh or jarred minced garlic is recommended for this recipe
- Ranch seasoning packet – replace with a minimal amount of ranch dressing or use a combination of these spices: parsley, pepper, seasoned salt, garlic powder, onion powder and dry buttermilk powder for a creamy taste.
- Salt & pepper (to taste)
- Water – use chicken broth or vegetable stock in the Instant Pot when cooking the chicken for extra flavour.
- Rotini pasta – any short pasta shape that you prefer will work.
- Greek yogurt – plain, unsweetened Greek yogurt is best. Use any plain yogurt of choice.
- Parmesan cheese – asiago is a great alternative to parmesan but feel free to use a substitute you like or leave it out altogether.
- Broccoli – replace broccoli with a veggie of your choice or leave it out altogether.
- Parsley – fresh parsley to garnish is recommended for this recipe.
- Turkey bacon – turkey bacon is a leaner option but if you prefer to use pork bacon, you can go ahead!
Storing and reheating
This recipe will last in the fridge for up to 5 days. To store, I prefer to do so in individual servings in glass meal prep containers. This is so that you can reheat directly in the container itself, and ensure you are getting a proper portion size.When ready to enjoy it, reheat in the microwave for 2-3 minutes and sprinkle water overtop to ensure the pasta doesn't dry out.
Freezing this pasta
You can freeze this pasta too! Which is what really makes it a great meal prep or make ahead recipe! This pasta will keep in the freezer for three months. To reheat from frozen, simply sprinkle some water overtop and microwave for 7-9 minutes, stirring halfway through. You can also allow the pasta defrost in the fridge overnight and then reheat as instructed above.
More Instant Pot chicken recipes
Meal prep tools for this recipe
- The Instant Pot DUO Plus 60 is the version I use in this recipe.
- Grab some glass meal prep bowls if you plan on packing this pasta up for lunch!
- This is the pasta I used in this recipe.
- And of course I get all my free-range chicken breasts from Butcher Box!
Instant Pot Chicken Bacon Ranch Pasta
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 medium-sized chicken breasts, diced into 1 inch pieces
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 1 ranch seasoning packet
- 1/2 tsp each salt and pepper
- 4 cups water
- 1 lb rotini pasta
- 3/4 cup plain Greek yogurt (I used 0% but you could use 2%)
- 3/4 cup fresh grated parmesan cheese
- 1 head broccoli, cut into small florets
- 1/2 cup fresh chopped parsley
- 8 slices turkey bacon, chopped and cooked
- Add olive oil, chicken, garlic, ranch seasoning, salt and pepper, water and pasta to Instant Pot in that order. Cook on high for 3 minutes, then do a quick pressure release. Instant Pot will take 10-15 min to preheat then cook for 3 min on high pressure.
- While Instant Pot is preheating, cook turkey bacon with a bit of olive oil in a large skillet over med-high heat, cooking for 3-4 min per side. Remove from skillet when finished and chop up when cool enough to handle. Set aside.
- When pressure gauge is down and it is safe to do so, remove lid and stir in Greek yogurt and parmesan cheese until well combined. Mix in broccoli, parsley and cooked turkey bacon then let sit for 5-10 minutes (this will give broccoli time to steam and cook). Serve and enjoy!