These Watermelon & Cucumber Mojitos are going to become your next refreshing go-to summer drink – serve them in an ice cold pitcher!
How to make this recipe
Make a watermelon and cucumber puree. Strain mixture with a fine mesh sieve to remove pulp and set juice in the fridge to chill.
Juice limes, then muddle with mint. Put the mixture in a shaker with ice and shake for 15-20 seconds. Strain into a large pitcher.
Add juice to large pitcher, then vodka and bottle of sparkling water.
Pour into glasses filled with ice and enjoy!
Ingredients and substitutions
- Watermelon – use fresh or frozen watermelon or a pureed watermelon mixture.
- English cucumber – use pureed cucumbers but keep slices of cucumber aside for garnish
- Lime – use fresh or bottled lime juice. I suggest fresh lime juice for this recipe.
- Mint – use muddled mint but keep fresh mint on the side for garnish.
- Vodka – white rum can also be used to create an authentic mojito.
- Sparkling water – use any brand of your choice.
- Ice cubes
How to make this drink non-alcoholic
If you're hosting a kid-friendly barbecue or just prefer not to drink any alcohol, you don't have to miss out on this delicious summer drink! Take out the alcohol, add watermelon juice or more sparkling water and you have yourself a delicious virgin mojito. Serve and enjoy all night, without the hangover! The watermelon and cucumber makes this drink super refreshing, therefore making it the perfect drink for any outdoor gathering.
What is difference between mojito and margarita?
Margaritas and mojitos are often listed under the same category on a cocktail menu. They're delicious cocktails and though they are similar, there are key differences between the two drinks. A margarita is a cocktail that can be served frozen or on the rocks. They're assembled using a shot (or two) of tequila with a delicious salt on the rim of the glass. The salt rim is there to complement the flavour of the tequila.
A mojito is a cocktail that is made out of rum (I use vodka in this recipe to save on any extra calories) and an herb that is muddled with fresh citrus juice. A mojito is usually served on the rocks but has been seen served frozen before. They're typically seen as a healthier drink option than margaritas but they're just as good!
More delicious summer drink recipes
Meal prep tools
- Get some fun reusable straws for your drinks!
- Here's a mesh sieve to separate the pulp.
- Need a muddler for your cocktail? Try this one!
Watermelon and Cucumber Mojitos
- 1/2 seedless watermelon pureed
- 1/2 English cucumber pureed
- 2 limes juiced
- 1/2 cup mint muddled
- 8 oz vodka chilled
- 1 large bottle sparkling water chilled (I prefer PC brand, San Pellegrino or Perrier)
- Ice cubes
- Using a blender or juicer, puree watermelon and cucumber together. Strain using a fine mesh sieve if using a blender to remove pulp and set juice aside (preferably in fridge to chill).
- Juice limes, then muddle with mint using a wooden spoon or a muddler if you have one. Put the mixture in a shaker with ice and shake for 15-20 seconds. Strain into a large pitcher.
- Add juice to large pitcher, then vodka and bottle of sparkling water.
- Pour into glasses filled with ice and enjoy!