These Cucumber & Watermelon Mojitos are going to become your go-to summer drink – serve them in an ice-cold pitcher on a hot day!
Ingredients and substitutions
- Watermelon – use fresh or frozen watermelon or a pureed watermelon mixture.
- English cucumber – use pureed cucumbers with slices of cucumber for garnish.
- Lime – I suggest fresh lime juice for this recipe, but bottled lime juice will work in a pinch.
- Mint – muddled mint is best. Fresh mint will be used to garnish.
- Vodka – white rum can also be used to create an authentic mojito.
- Sparkling water – use any brand of your choice or substitute for club soda.
How to make watermelon mojitos
- Puree the watermelon and cucumber.
- Strain to remove the pulp.
- Juice the limes and muddle the mint.
- Shake with ice then strain into a pitcher.
- Add the rest of the ingredients to the pitcher.
- Pour over ice and enjoy!
If you're hosting a kid-friendly barbecue or just prefer not to drink alcohol, you don't have to miss out on this delicious summer drink! Take out the alcohol, add some watermelon juice or more sparkling water and you have yourself a delicious virgin mojito. Serve and enjoy all night, without the hangover! The watermelon and cucumber make this drink super refreshing, so it’s the perfect drink for any summer gathering.
Frequently Asked Questions
Watermelon tastes great with vodka, rum, tequila and gin. For this recipe, I used vodka, but feel free to swap it out for another liquor of your choice!
A mojito is typically made with lime juice, simple syrup, muddled mint and rum. I used vodka instead of rum for this mojito to cut down on the calories and skipped the simple syrup since the watermelon provides plenty of sweetness on its own.
This cucumber and watermelon mojito has 160 calories per drink. It’s the perfect refreshing summer beverage that doesn’t go overboard on the calories like some sweet cocktails!
A margarita is a cocktail that can be served frozen or on the rocks, made with tequila and salt on the rim. A mojito is a cocktail that is made out of rum (I use vodka in this recipe to save on any extra calories) and mint that is muddled with fresh citrus juice. Mojitos are typically seen as a healthier drink option than margaritas but they're just as good!
More delicious summer drink recipes
Meal prep tools for this recipe
- Get some fun reusable straws for your drinks!
- Here's a mesh sieve to separate the pulp.
- Need a muddler for your cocktail? Try this one!
Cucumber & Watermelon Mojitos
- 1/2 seedless watermelon pureed
- 1/2 English cucumber pureed
- 2 limes juiced
- 1/2 cup mint muddled
- 8 oz vodka chilled
- 1 large bottle sparkling water chilled (I prefer PC brand, San Pellegrino or Perrier)
- Ice cubes
- Using a blender or juicer, puree watermelon and cucumber together. Strain using a fine mesh sieve if using a blender to remove pulp and set juice aside (preferably in fridge to chill).
- Juice limes, then muddle with mint using a wooden spoon or a muddler if you have one. Put the mixture in a shaker with ice and shake for 15-20 seconds. Strain into a large pitcher.
- Add juice to large pitcher, then vodka and bottle of sparkling water.
- Pour into glasses filled with ice and enjoy!