These Grab & Go Vegetarian Minestrone Soup Jars are a high-protein recipe idea for the busy work week – 30 minutes of meal prep on a Sunday will leave you with delicious lunches all week!
This post is sponsored by Chickapea Pasta. Thanks so much for supporting the brands I love – they help keep my blog up and running!
Oh hey there – I'm back at you again with some more delicious lunch jar ideas! I swear they serve a better function than you may be thinking; mason jars aren't just for pretty pictures on Pinterest! Pretty much every single thing I eat these days really needs to serve a purpose in my busy life.
I want to make sure I'm eating super healthy food that's jam-packed with veggies and lots of protein to keep me full throughout the day. I don't know about you but lunch is such a crucial meal of the day for me. It sustains my energy and keeps me feeling satiated while I get everything on my to-do list done.
That said, having lunch prepared ahead of my work day is key, even though I work from home and could technically just make this midday meal as the time comes to eat. At the same time I don't want to eat another soggy sandwich or salad that doesn't keep fresh when prepped ahead of time. I want something that still tastes fresh, and ideally as we head into the colder months, a delicious hot meal!
What's a busy girl to do? Make mason jar soup! It's certainly not the first time I've done it, and it won't be the last. But minestrone soup jars? These things are off the chain with flavour! And trust me, I've tested these out on a few people who all give the thumbs up and already can't wait for me to post this recipe. Yes, I'm bragging, I know. But I honestly didn't expect such flavour from what is otherwise an “Instant” soup mix.
Well, you should probably be aware that I've cheated on the “instant” thing, but only with fresh veggies that'll last in the fridge all week long. First off, I should say I'm partnering with my fave gluten free pasta, Chickapea Pasta, for this delicious recipe and we've got a GREAT giveaway that'll help you prep these Minestrone Soup Jars even faster on the weekend, and that's where my favourite blender Vitamix comes in.
Throw a bunch of mixed veggies in your Vitamix (I used celery, carrots and onions), then saute the veggies with a bit of tomato paste, garlic and salt. Add some Italian seasoning and you've got the base of your Minestrone Soup Jars. Top with kidney beans, gluten-free Chickapea Pasta shells (made with JUST chickpeas and lentils so the shells are super high in protein!), add a half bouillon cube + spinach and boom, you've got lunch for the week. When you're ready to serve, fill 'em up with water, microwave on high for 6 minutes, and that's all there is to it! Now, for the SUPER exciting part. To help make your meal prep for the work week THAT MUCH EASIER, Chickapea, Vitamix and I are all teaming up to give you the chance to win a fabulous prize pack made up of Chickapea Pasta and your very own Vitamix blender!!! How amazing is that?! All you need you need to do to enter is the following:
- Login to the Rafflecopter widget below using either your email or Facebook. Once you login, you’ll be given several options to enter the contest by liking or following different Facebook and Instagram accounts
- To get your Facebook entry, click the button for the Facebook page you want to like, like the Facebook page, then click “I visited”
- To get your Instagram entry, click the Instagram account you want to follow, follow the account, then type the name of the account into the box and click “Enter”
Will you be making these Grab & Go Vegetarian Minestrone Soup Jars?
When meal prep is this easy and delicious, it's hard to see how you couldn't just set aside a half hour each weekend to dedicate to these! The fact that they are vegetarian and gluten free, and JAM PACKED with protein is just the bonus!
Mason Jar Minestrone Soup
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 medium-sized Carrots
- 2 stalks celery
- 1 small yellow onion
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1/3 cup tomato paste
- 1 tbsp Italian seasoning
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 can kidney beans, drained
- 1 box Chickapea Pasta, shells
- 2 vegetable bouillon cubes, cut in half
- 2 cups baby spinach, chopped
- Roughly chop up carrots, celery and onions. Place in Vitamix and pulse on level 2 for 5-10 seconds until veggies are finely chopped. Alternatively, chop vegetables into a small dice.
- Heat olive oil in large skillet over med-high heat. Add veggies and sauté for 5-6 minutes until softened. Add tomato paste, garlic, Italian seasoning and salt, cooking another 5-6 minutes until fragrant. Remove from heat.
- Divide veggies evenly among 4 large Mason jars. Top each with kidney beans, Chickapea pasta shells, half bouillon cube and spinach.
- Keep jars in fridge up to 5 days; when looking to serve, fill just to top of spinach and microwave for 5-6 minutes. Let sit for 2 minutes before pouring into a large bowl. Pasta will continue to cook as you serve - enjoy!