This Homemade Cinnamon Dolce Latte tastes just like your fave espresso-based drink from Starbucks – it's perfect for chilly days!
Ingredients and substitutions
- Espresso – caffeinated or decaffeinated espresso can be used for this recipe.
- Milk – use any dairy or non-dairy milk of your choice.
Cinnamon dolce syrup
- Sugar – white sugar, brown sugar, maple syrup, agave syrup can all be used to make a cinnamon dolce syrup.
- Cinnamon sticks – use cinnamon powder in a pinch.
Skip the Ads and Get Right to the Recipes!
- ZERO ADS on over 600 recipes!
- Weekly Meal Plans, Grocery & Prep Lists
- Bonus eBooks
How to make a cinnamon dolce latte
- Make the syrup.
- Brew the espresso.
- Froth the milk.
- Add syrup to a mug.
- Pour the milk into the espresso.
- Serve and enjoy!
Calories in Starbucks' cinnamon dolce latte
The Starbucks version of this cinnamon dolce latte has 340 calories for a Grande (16 oz.) size. In comparison, my drink has just 207 calories, so you’re saving a bunch of calories by making your latte at home! My version is also made without whipped cream, which cuts back on the calories.
Frequently Asked Questions
The name says it all – cinnamon dolce latte translates to sweet cinnamon latte. A cinnamon dolce latte is a popular seasonal drink from Starbucks made with espresso, frothed milk and a decadent cinnamon syrup to sweeten it. It's the perfect drink to have once September rolls around and the fall and winter months begin. Just imagine cozying up by the fire pit with this drink!
This cinnamon dolce latte combines the warm spices of cinnamon with the rich flavours of a delicious latte and your favourite espresso.
If you don’t have an espresso maker at home or you just find it too strong, you can technically use brewed coffee in place of espresso. Just try and use a really dark roast and brew it extra strong. The flavour won’t be the exact same but it’ll still be delicious!
Storing the cinnamon dolce syrup
When making the cinnamon dolce syrup, you'll notice that there is a lot of syrup leftover. The good news is that it can be stored in the fridge for up to 3 weeks! That way, you’ll be able to make this delicious latte even quicker. Trust me, you’re going to want to make this latte every day.
Wanna Learn How To Meal Prep?
My meal planning service, Dinner Prep Pro, removes the guesswork and helps you get dinner on the table in 15-20 minutes each night. My meal prep checklists only take 1 hour each week!
Meal prep tools for this recipe
- If you're feeling lazy or want a quick syrup solution, these iced coffee syrups are an AWESOME option.
- Here's another caramel syrup option: Starbucks caramel syrup.
- Want to upgrade your espresso machine? Try the Philips 3100.
Homemade Cinnamon Dolce Latte
- 2 shots espresso
- 1/2 cup milk
Cinnamon dolce syrup
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup sugar
- 4 cinnamon sticks
- Bring water to a boil in a medium-sized saucepan. Stir in sugar and add cinnamon sticks, then reduce to a simmer, cooking on a slow boil for 10 minutes. Remove from heat, remove cinnamon sticks and store in a mason jar. Set aside for later (will keep in fridge up to 3 weeks)
- When ready for your latte, add ground espresso to your espresso maker. Add milk to a frother. Add 3-4 spoonfuls of cinnamon dolce syrup to a mug then place underneath the area where the espresso comes out, frothing the milk in the frother at the same time.
- Add milk to espresso mixture, sprinkle a little bit of powdered cinnamon overtop (optional) then serve and enjoy!
Join The Girl on Bloor Premium!
- ZERO ADS!
- Weekly Meal Prep Checklists
- Bonus eBooks