This Homemade Cinnamon Dolce Latte is just like your fave espresso-based drink from Starbucks – this coffee recipe is so perfect for fall!
How to make this recipe
- Bring water to a boil then stir in sugar and cinnamon sticks. Let it reduce to a simmer for a slow boil for 10 minutes. Remove from heat, remove cinnamon sticks and store in a mason jar.
- When ready to make your latte, add ground espresso to an espresso maker.
- Add milk to a frother.
- Add 3-4 spoonfuls of cinnamon dolce syrup to a mug then add espresso and frothed milk.
- Sprinkle powdered cinnamon overtop (optional). Serve and enjoy!
Ingredients and substitutions
- Espresso – caffeinated or decaffeinated espresso can be used for this recipe.
- Milk – use any dairy or non dairy milk that you like.
Cinnamon dolce syrup
- Sugar – white sugar, brown sugar, maple syrup, agave syrup can all be used to make a cinnamon dolce syrup.
- Cinnamon sticks – use cinnamon powder in a pinch.
What is a cinnamon dolce latte?
The name says it itself – cinnamon dolce latte translates to sweet cinnamon latte. A cinnamon dolce latte is a popular seasonal drink from Starbucks that combines the warm spices of cinnamon with a delicious latte. This latte is made with espresso, frothed milk and a decadent cinnamon syrup to sweeten it. It's the perfect drink to have once September rolls around and the Fall and Winter months begin. Just imagine cozying up by the fire pit with this drink!
Making this drink without an espresso machine
An espresso maker does make this drink easier to prepare but there are ways to get around this! There are single use espresso makers available to purchase or Keurig/Nespresso espresso pods that you can use right in your coffee machine. Espresso can also be made in a French press, it just takes a little bit longer than an espresso machine. In a pinch, if you're not able to make espresso at home, some people also use an extra strong coffee and use that in place of the espresso.
Storing the cinnamon dolce syrup
When making the cinnamon dolce syrup, you'll notice that there is a lot of syrup leftover. The good news is that it can be stored in the fridge for up to three weeks! Then you're able to make this delicious latte even quicker! Trust me, it's the perfect drink for the fall and winter season, you'll be excited to have one every so often!
More Starbucks inspired recipes
Meal prep tools for this recipe
- If you're feeling lazy or want a quick syrup solution, these iced coffee syrups are an AWESOME option.
- Here's another caramel syrup option: Starbucks caramel syrup
- Want to upgrade your espresso machine? Try the Philips 3100
- I love to use 16oz mason jars as cups, especially on the go!
Homemade Cinnamon Dolce Latte
- 2 shots espresso
- 1/2 cup milk
Cinnamon dolce syrup
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup sugar
- 4 cinnamon sticks
- Bring water to a boil in a medium-sized saucepan. Stir in sugar and add cinnamon sticks, then reduce to a simmer, cooking on a slow boil for 10 minutes. Remove from heat, remove cinnamon sticks and store in a mason jar. Set aside for later (will keep in fridge up to 3 weeks)
- When ready for your latte, add ground espresso to your espresso maker. Add milk to a frother. Add 3-4 spoonfuls of cinnamon dolce syrup to a mug then place underneath the area where the espresso comes out, frothing the milk in the frother at the same time.
- Add milk to espresso mixture, sprinkle a little bit of powdered cinnamon overtop (optional) then serve and enjoy!