This homemade fajita seasoning is made of chili powder, cumin, paprika and other spices you already have. Use it for pasta, chicken and more!
Ingredients and substitutions
- chili powder – you really do need this ingredient! No swaps here unfortunately
- smoked paprika – regular paprika can be used, or chili powder or cumin instead
- onion powder – you can use garlic powder instead
- garlic powder – you can use onion powder instead
- cumin – you can use chili powder or paprika instead
- chili flakes – you can omit if needed
- black pepper – you can omit if needed
Easiest Fajita Seasoning
- 1 tbsp chili powder
- 1 tbsp paprika smoked paprika preferred
- 1 tbsp onion powder
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp chili flakes
- Mix all ingredients together in a bowl then funnel into a spice jar if desired. We have linked to the ones we use above this recipe card.
- Add sticker label to your jar if desired. Download our free template and purchase sticker printer paper above the recipe card.
Frequently Asked Questions
While the ingredients are mostly the same, taco seasoning has oregano and coriander in addition to the ingredients in fajita seasoning, and it also goes heavier on the cumin.
You can use taco seasoning or Cajun seasoning in place of fajita seasoning (check our other spice blends post), or you can just use chili powder alone in a pinch.
Enjoy within 6 months for the freshest flavour but you can keep it on hand up to a year.