This is the Creamiest Avocado Smoothie in existence! Just add frozen avocado, frozen mango, banana, protein powder, coconut milk and spinach.
How to make an avocado smoothie
- Measure out your ingredients
- Add all ingredients in the order in which they are listed to a blender.
- Blend until the drink is smooth.
- Pour into two large glasses, or serve one portion now and store the other portion in a mason jar with lid for up to 3 days until ready to serve. Enjoy!
Ingredients and substitutions
- Banana – a ripe banana will be the best addition for sweetness, but if you don’t have any banana on hand you can leave this out or substitute it with another fruit.
- Coconut milk – feel free to use any non dairy milk that you have.
- Frozen avocado – frozen diced avocados will thicken the smoothie, but you can use fresh avocados in place of frozen.
- Frozen mango – if you don’t like mango, you are able to replace this with frozen berries or any other sweet fruit of your choice.
- Baby spinach – substitute baby spinach with leafy greens like kale, chard, beet greens, or collard.
- Vanilla protein powder – whey protein or any vegan protein powder will work in this smoothie. If you don’t have protein powder, feel free to substitute this with chia seeds or hemp hearts.
How to freeze avocados for smoothies
Freezing avocados is a great way of reducing food waste and extending the life of your groceries. Slice or dice the avocados into quarter pieces and then place them into an airtight container or freezer bag. Once you've prepped your avocados, place them in the freezer where they can last for up to 6 months. After freezing your avocados, you will want to use them for smoothies because they won't have the same effect when used as toppings for salads or wraps.
Is avocado good in a smoothie?
Avocados are great in smoothies! They add the creamy texture to smoothies that many of us love in a healthy and nondairy method. A great tip is to pair avocado with coconut milk because it makes for a great combination of flavour. Also, the best part about using avocados in smoothies is that they pair beautifully with all the other fruits or veggies you could possible use!
Why put an avocado in a smoothie?
Avocados are a great addition to smoothies! Not only do avocados add a variety of nutritional benefits, but they create a rich and creamy texture to your smoothie. The addition of avocados in your smoothies will also keep you feeling full longer because of the protein, potassium and healthy fats that they contain. It also makes for a great green smoothie, without the taste of a green smoothie!
Storing up to 3 days
This recipe makes two servings (two smoothies), making them great for meal prep! Put the extra smoothie into a mason jar, seal tight and place in the fridge where you'll be able to store it for up to three days. Since this smoothie is able to last for up to three days, feel free to make three to four smoothies at a time. That way you're able to enjoy one right away and enjoy the rest throughout the week.
More smoothie recipes
Meal prep tools for this recipe
- Grab some mason jars for storing extra smoothie servings
- Here is the protein powder I typically use!
- I like to use a Magic Bullet blender to save time on clean up
The Creamiest Avocado Smoothie
- 1 banana
- 1 cup coconut milk from a carton
- 1/2 cup frozen diced avocado
- 1/2 cup frozen diced mango
- 2 cups baby spinach
- 1/2 cup vanilla protein powder
- Add all ingredients in the order in which they are listed to a blender. Blend together until smooth.
- Pour into two large glasses (this recipe serves two), or serve one portion now and store the other portion in a mason jar with lid for up to 3 days until ready to serve. Enjoy!