These Quinoa and Turkey Stuffed Mini Bell Peppers are the perfect go-to meal for those busy weeks ahead in the fall!
Do you ever get stuck in a rut when it comes to eating healthy and finding things that are super delicious? Us too. But these peppers let me tell you…
These Quinoa and Turkey Stuffed Mini Bell Peppers are the perfect solution to your meal planning this fall. You couldn't ask for a better combination of super foods and delicious, savoury flavours. Chili powder and cumin are key spices, along with fresh garlic and the secret ingredient – salsa!
Quinoa and kale are super foods that are filling and nutrient dense. If you can't stand kale, you can always substitute spinach, swiss chard or any other of your favourite greens in here.
Ground turkey is one of our favourite proteins because it is so versatile and will transform with whatever spices you use. It perfectly takes on our spicy chili powder and salsa, and pairs nicely with the quinoa and kale. My mom used to make a variation of this recipe all the time when I was a teenager, and needless to say it's been one of those favourite meals that has stuck with me!
All you have to do is bake these babies in the oven for 20 minutes. Top with cheese if you like and enjoy!
Will you be trying our Quinoa and Turkey Stuffed Mini Bell Peppers recipe? Let us know what you think!
Get your square glass meal prep bowls here!
And of course I get all my free-range poultry from Butcher Box!
Quinoa and Turkey Stuffed Mini Bell Peppers
- 1 lb mini bell peppers
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 1 yellow onion diced
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tbsp chili powder
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1/2 cup salsa jarred or fresh
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 cup cooked quinoa
- 1 cup chopped kale
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Cut tops off peppers (set those aside to cook later) and remove the white pithy parts of the peppers. Drizzle with olive oil and season with salt and pepper and cook in oven, with tin foil covering pan, for 15 min.
- Meanwhile, heat olive oil in large frying pan and add onions and garlic, cooking for 1-2 min until fragrant. Add turkey, chili powder, cumin, salt and pepper and cook for about 5 min on med-high heat, breaking turkey up with spoon.
- At the same time, cook quinoa according to package directions (usually 1/2 cup of quinoa with 1 cup of water in a pot on the stove until liquid has absorbed) and chop kale.
- Add salsa and quinoa and cook for another 3-4 min. Add kale and cook for 2 min until leaves are slightly softened.
- Around this time, peppers should be coming out of the oven. Stuff peppers with turkey and quinoa mixture, then add tops of peppers once filled. Place in oven and cook for another 10 min, taking out to top with shredded cheese if desired (highly recommended!!)