These Party-Friendly Mini Pizzas are so cute and super easy to throw together – all you need are English muffins and your favourite toppings.
Ingredients and substitutions
- English muffins – pita or store-bought pizza dough would also make great bases.
- Tomato sauce – store-bought or homemade tomato sauce are both great options.
- Pesto – this is a great alternative to tomato sauce for making a variety of different mini pizzas.
- Mozzarella – provolone, gouda, parmesan or any other cheese including lactose-free options can work for this recipe.
- Your favourite toppings – Use your preferred toppings, like veggies, meats, herbs and cheeses, to customize your mini pizzas.
How to make mini pizzas
Step 1: Slice English muffins in half.
Preheat the oven to 400 F. Slice English muffins in half, then add to a baking sheet.
Step 2: Add sauce and cheese.
Brush olive oil onto 3 of the English muffin halves, spread pesto on 3 more and then spread pizza sauce on the remaining 6 halves. Top all with grated mozzarella.
Step 3: Add toppings.
Add salami to the halves with olive oil, then add cherry tomatoes to 3 of the halves with pizza sauce. Add red pepper and red onion to the halves with pesto, then add pepperettes, mushrooms and green peppers to the last 3 with pizza sauce.
Step 4: Bake then serve and enjoy!
Bake for 15-20 minutes until cheese is melted and toppings are cooked. Remove from oven. Top the salami pizzas with arugula, and top the cherry tomato pizzas with basil. Serve and enjoy!
Alternate crust options
Using bread or English muffins are great options if you don’t have any pizza dough. If you’re making English muffin pizza, open up your English muffin so that you have two halves face-up. For bread like pitas or tortillas, you can use a cookie cutter or cup to make the pizzas into mini-sized circles.
Once you’ve got your dough bases cut, you can cover them with your sauce and toppings of choice and bake them! They’re super easy and so delicious.
Frequently Asked Questions
To make this mini pizza recipe easy, I suggest using English muffins or pitas. That being said, there are tons of great homemade pizza dough recipes out there you can try.
You’ll need to pre-cook the dough for 7-8 minutes and then stick the mini pizzas with their toppings in the oven for 10-12 minutes until the pizza has melted. You’ll have a tasty treat in less than a half-hour!
The best way to make sure your English muffin pizzas come out well is to not overload them with sauce and cheese. If you would like them crispier, though, you can always toast the muffins before loading them up with your toppings and baking them.
Storing and reheating
This English muffin pizza recipe is great for meal prep! You can refrigerate your mini pizzas for 3 to 5 days in an airtight container. Once you’re ready to eat them, you can microwave them for about a minute depending on the intensity of your microwave. You can also heat them up in the oven for a few minutes for a crispier crust!
Freezing this recipe
You can store your mini pizzas in the freezer for 1 to 2 months, making this recipe great for meal prep. Make sure to freeze them in an airtight freezer-safe container either baked or unbaked. If you’re freezing them baked, wait until they’ve cooled before packing them away and sticking them in the freezer. From there, all you have to do is defrost them and then pop them in the microwave or oven.
To freeze them unbaked, add the sauce and toppings to the dough then freeze them in a single layer. You want to make sure they’re not stacked on top of each other or they’ll stick together while freezing. When you’re ready to make your pizzas, pull them out of the freezer and let them defrost in the fridge overnight before baking as instructed. You may want to add a few minutes onto the cooking time.
Wanna Learn How To Meal Prep?
My meal planning service, Dinner Prep Pro, removes the guesswork and helps you get dinner on the table in 15-20 minutes each night. My meal prep checklists only take 1 hour each week!
Party-Friendly Mini Pizzas
- 6 English muffins
- 4 cups grated mozzarella cheese
- Olive oil
- Salami or prosciutto
- Pizza sauce
- Cherry tomatoes sliced
- Fresh basil
- Red onion sliced
- Red pepper sliced
- Pesto store bought
- Mushrooms diced
- Turkey pepperettes sliced
- Green pepper diced
- Preheat the oven to 400 F. Slice English muffins in half, then add to a baking sheet.
- Brush olive oil onto 3 of the English muffin halves, spread pesto on 3 more and then spread pizza sauce on the remaining 6 halves. Top all with grated mozzarella.
- Add salami to the halves with olive oil, then add cherry tomatoes to 3 of the halves with pizza sauce. Add red pepper and red onion to the halves with pesto, then add pepperettes, mushrooms and green peppers to the last 3 with pizza sauce.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes until cheese is melted and toppings are cooked.
- Remove from oven. Top the salami pizzas with arugula, and top the cherry tomato pizzas with basil. Serve and enjoy!