These Instant Pot Red Curry Chicken Noodles come together in less than 30 minutes – you'll love this Thai-inspired meal idea!
How to make this recipe
Dump all ingredients except for red pepper, snow peas, rice noodles and toppings into Instant Pot. Pressure cook ingredients for 3 minutes.
While the ingredients are cooking, drizzle 1 tbsp olive oil over rice noodles. Boil water in your kettle then pour over noodles and stir, until noodles are just softened. Drain and set aside.
When Instant Pot is safe to open, add red peppers and snow peas then let sit for 5 minutes.
Add cooked rice noodles to bowls, then top with curry mixture and toppings.
Serve and enjoy!
Ingredients and substitutions
- Olive oil – any neutral oil will work in place of olive oil. Some neutral oil options to use are sunflower oil, grapeseed oil and vegetable oil.
- Chicken breast – chicken breast is a leaner option but chicken thighs will also work well in this recipe and may be a juicier option!
- Garlic – use fresh or jarred minced garlic for this recipe.
- Ginger – fresh grated ginger or ginger paste.
- Red curry paste – if you are able to make your own homemade curry paste, use that. Otherwise store bought red curry paste is an easy choice that still tastes great.
- Coconut milk – full fat coconut milk adds an authentic red curry taste to this recipe. If necessary, you can substitute coconut milk with greek yogurt, heavy cream or any non dairy milk of your choice.
- Soy sauce – instead of soy sauce you can use tamari or coconut aminos.
- Red pepper – any other bell pepper colour will work well in this dish.
- Snow peas – substitute snow peas with sugar snap peas, edamame or green beans. You can also opt out of the peas and use another veggie of your choice like broccoli, carrots or bok choy.
- Rice noodles – vermicelli noodles can be used instead of rice noodles. If you're not worried about gluten, you can use linguine of fettuccine in place of the rice noodles.
- Peanuts (crushed and used as a garnish)
- Sesame seeds (to garnish)
- Cilantro (to garnish)
Storing and reheating
For any leftovers, I recommend storing in individual glass meal prep containers, then you can reheat directly in the same container. Reheat in the microwave for 2-3 minutes, then garnish with the crushed peanuts, sesame seeds, and cilantro.
This curry dish will last in the fridge for up to five days, making it a great meal prep dish for the week!
Freezing this recipe
To freeze any leftover chicken for future meals, place your chicken in an airtight container or freezer bag. You will want to make sure it is airtight to avoid freezer burn. If you decide to place your chicken in the freezer, make sure it has cooled down entirely first. After freezing your chicken, it can last up to three months!
You can also freeze the whole meal in an airtight container or freezer bag for up to 3 months if you can't finish it within the five days that it can be kept in the fridge. To reheat, move the dish to the fridge the night before to let it thaw and then warm it up in the microwave.
Other curry recipes
Meal prep tools
- Grab some glass meal prep bowls if you plan on storing the leftovers
- These are the vermicelli noodles I buy.
- And of course I get all my free-range chicken breasts from Butcher Box!
Instant Pot Red Curry Chicken Noodles
- 2 tbsp olive oil, divided
- 2 chicken breasts, diced into 1-inch cubes
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tbsp fresh minced ginger
- 1/4 cup store-bought or homemade red curry paste
- 1 can full fat coconut milk
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 red pepper, sliced
- 1 cup snow peas
- 8 oz rice noodles
- Chopped peanuts, for topping
- sesame seeds (for topping)
- Chopped fresh cilantro, for topping
- Dump all ingredients except for red pepper, snow peas, rice noodles and toppings into Instant Pot. Set to manual and pressure cook on high for 3 minutes. Instant Pot will take about 10 minutes to pre-heat and then the 3 minutes to cook. When complete, press cancel and do a quick release of the steam, waiting until the pressure gauge drops back down and the lid is safe to open.
- Meanwhile, drizzle 1 tbsp olive oil over rice noodles. Boil water in your kettle then pour over noodles and stir, soaking in a large bowl for 1-2 minutes until noodles are just softened (they should be hard at the centre). Drain and set aside.
- When Instant Pot is safe to open, add red peppers and snow peas then let sit for 5 minutes. Add cooked rice noodles to bowls, then top with curry mixture and toppings. Serve and enjoy!