This homemade Greek seasoning is made of oregano, dill and other spices you already have! Use it for Mediterranean-inspired meals.
Ingredients and substitutions
- oregano – this is the one seasoning you really do need for this recipe
- dill – there's no good substitute for this, but you can leave it out and add fresh dill to your recipe after cooking
- thyme – you can use dried basil instead but it will change the flavour slightly
- dried minced onion – you can omit if needed
- garlic powder – you can use onion powder instead
Easy Greek Seasoning
- 2 tbsp oregano
- 1 tbsp dill
- 1 tbsp thyme
- 1 tbsp dried minced onion
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- Mix all ingredients together in a bowl then funnel into a spice jar if desired. We have linked to the ones we use above this recipe card.
- Add sticker label to your jar if desired. Download our free template and purchase sticker printer paper above the recipe card.
Frequently Asked Questions
Greek seasoning can be used in a variety of recipes ranging from souvlaki to salads.
Both Greek and Italian seasoning blends share some spices and work well in a variety of Mediterranean dishes. If you're really in a pinch you can substitute one for the other, but keep in mind they do taste different.
You can keep this seasoning blend for up to a year in your pantry, but I'd recommend using it up within 6 months for the best flavour!