This homemade Cajun seasoning blend is made with paprika, cayenne and other spices you already have. Use it on chicken, shrimp and more!
Ingredients and substitutions
- paprika – you really do need this ingredient! No swaps here unfortunately
- smoked paprika – you can use extra regular paprika in a pinch
- onion powder – you can use garlic powder instead
- garlic powder – you can use onion powder instead
- oregano – using just thyme will work here
- thyme – you can omit in a pinch
- cayenne pepper – you can increase or decrease the amount depending on your preference
Ways to use Cajun seasoning
How to store your spice blends
- Download your spice jar labels then purchase some sticker paper for your printer
- Make sure to purchase some spice jars as well
- **Get my full list of kitchen essentials here**
Easiest Cajun Seasoning
- 1 tbsp paprika
- 1 tbsp smoked paprika or just 2 tbsp regular paprika if you don't have smoked paprika
- 1 tbsp onion powder
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp thyme
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper
- Mix all ingredients together in a bowl then funnel into a spice jar if desired. We have linked to the ones we use above this recipe card.
- Add sticker label to your jar if desired. Download our free template and purchase sticker printer paper above the recipe card.
Frequently Asked Questions
Cajun seasoning has a bold and spicy flavour! It's great for adding a bit of heat and smokiness to a dish.
Store-bought Cajun seasoning blends can be full of sodium. The best thing about this homemade spice mix is that there's no salt added!
There are so many amazing Cajun dishes out there, but jambalaya is a stand-out. It's a one-pot dish that's typically made with meat and seafood, like sausage and shrimp. I've got an easy Instant Pot jambalaya recipe if you're interested in trying it!
Leave A Reply!