These 20 spiralizer recipes will create healthy, delicious, and easy meals that are family-friendly. Learn how to incorporate spiralized veggies into your weekly meal plan to take your meals to the next level of delicious!
What can you make with a spiralizer?
When spiralizing foods first became popular, nearly every recipe was for a form of zucchini noodles. Zoodles are a delicious pasta alternative, but spiralizer recipes have come a long way since then! There are so many fun and creative meals to make with a spiralizer. We've seen spiralizer recipes for:
- pasta salads and garden salads
- Asian noodles – By subbing veggie noodles for rice noodles, you can turn your favorite chow mein or Pad Thai recipe into a healthy, guilt-free dinner.
- breakfast, brunch, and dinner casseroles
- desserts (YES, desserts! Just wait until you see the delicious treats you can make with a spiralizer!)
What kind of veggies can be spiralized?
You can spiralize just about any vegetable that is firm enough to take a spin through a spiralizer Some commonly spiralized veggies include:
- potatoes (russets and sweet potatoes)
- butternut squash
How to cook zoodles (or other veggies with seeds)
A common complaint about making recipes with zucchini noodles is that after cooking, they are watery and soggy. To cook deliciously tender zucchini noodles takes just a few extra minutes of prep. These tips also apply to other vegetables with seeds in them, such as eggplant, butternut squash, and cucumber.
- After spiralizing the veggies, pick out any noodles that are “seedy”.
- Place the noodles into a colander and sprinkle them with salt. Set the colander into a sink or over an empty bowl and let the veggies sit for 10-15 minutes, allowing the salt to help extract excess moisture.
- Don't overcook spiralized veggies! If you will be steaming, boiling, or microwaving the noodles, keep a close eye on them. In most cases, they will cook much faster than pasta noodles.
To make your menu planning as easy as possible, the spiralizer recipes shown below are broken out into categories. You can find recipes to try based on meal type. When you find something you want the recipe for, simply click on the image or the recipe title below it.
Spiralized Breakfast Recipes
Spiralized Sweet Potato Egg in a Hole via Eat the Grains
Herby Roasted Spiralized Vegetables via Fit Foodie Finds
Spiralized Breakfast Casserole via Skinny Fitalicious
Baked Egg Sweet Potato Nests via Bowl of Delicious
Spiralizer Recipes for Lunch
Spiralized Zucchini Chicken Noodle Soup Jars via The Girl on Bloor
Crab and Avocado Spiralized Cucumber Salad via Cotter Crunch
Low-Carb Spiralized Zucchini Noodles with Pesto via Healthy Seasonal Recipes
Zucchini Noodle Salad with Bacon and Tomatoes via Wholesome Yum
Winter Caprese Beet Noodle Pasta via The Lean Green Bean
Spiralized Greek-Style Salad via A Cedar Spoon
Spiralizer Recipes for Dinner
Ginger Beef Sweet Potato Noodles via The Girl on Bloor
Spiralized Pad Thai Chicken Meal Prep Bowls via The Girl on Bloor
Balsamic Roasted Spring Vegetables with Butternut Squash Noodles via Boulder Locavore
Spiralized Cucumber Salad with Wasabi Cucumber Avocado Dressing via Peas and Crayons
Vegetarian Sweet Potato Noodles with Spinach via Diethood
Easy Tuna Ragu via Mommy's Home Cooking
Spiralized Sweet Potato Stir Fry via Joy Food Sunshine
Baked Garlic Herb Rutabaga Noodles via Simple Seasonal
Spiralized Dessert Recipes
Mini Apple Browned Butter Tarts via The Creative Bite
Spiralized Apple Tart with Quinoa Crust via Simply Quinoa