This Sheet Pan Rosemary Chicken is a healthy low-carb meal that's ready in just 30 minutes – plus, it's great for meal prep!
How to make this recipe
- Make the rosemary marinade.
- Add the chicken and veggies to a parchment-lined sheet pan and toss in the marinade.
- Bake in the oven for 15-20 minutes, turning halfway through.
- Serve and enjoy!
Skip the Ads and Get Right to the Recipes!
- ZERO ADS on over 600 recipes!
- Weekly Meal Plans, Grocery & Prep Lists
- Bonus eBooks
Ingredients and substitutions
- Olive oil – any neutral olive oil can replace olive oil (such as canola oil, grapeseed oil, melted butter, avocado oil, etc.)
- Lemon juice – fresh lemon juice is recommended but feel free to substitute with bottled lemon juice or lime juice in a pinch.
- Garlic – use fresh or jarred minced garlic for this recipe. Garlic powder can be used in a pinch.
- Rosemary – rosemary is the star of this recipe, but feel free to substitute with another herb of choice like thyme, oregano, etc.
- Salt & pepper (to taste)
- Chicken breast – substitute chicken breast with chicken thighs for a juicier cut of meat. Chicken cutlets also make for a great substitution to chicken breast.
- Cauliflower – broccoli is the closest substitute to cauliflower but feel free to substitute it with any veggie of choice.
- Red pepper – use any bell pepper of choice or replace altogether with your preferred vegetable.
- Brussel sprouts – feel free to substitute with a vegetable of your preference or leave out altogether.
- Red onion – white onion or yellow onion can be used instead of red onion. Leave out altogether if you're not a fan of onions.
What goes with rosemary chicken?
I like making this rosemary chicken recipe with tons of fresh veggies that have been tossed in the same rosemary marinade like red peppers, brussel sprouts and cauliflower. You could also serve with roasted potatoes and a side salad.
How long to bake sheet pan chicken
The great part of this recipe is that it's ready in just 30 minutes. Generally, you'll need to bake the chicken for 15-20 minutes but the cooking time will depend on the size of the chicken breast – the smaller the chicken breast, the less time it will need to cook. Check the chicken at the 15-minute mark to see if it needs more time.
What is a sheet pan dinner?
A sheet pan dinner takes the ease of a one pot dinner but places it all on a sheet pan! Making dinner in a sheet pan doesn't require much work or cleanup, so it's the ideal dinner idea for busy nights.
All you need to do to enjoy a meal like this is to marinade your chicken and veggies while the oven is preheating, lay them on a sheet pan and bake!
Is rosemary chicken healthy?
Sheet Pan Rosemary Chicken is made with boneless, skinless chicken breast cutlets and fresh veggies, so it is a very healthy dinner option! When enjoying this meal, you can rest easy knowing you're enjoying a meal filled with necessary micronutrients and filling protein.
This meal is also gluten-free, low carb, paleo, and Whole30-friendly, too!
Storing and reheating
This recipe is meal prep friendly so you can make this easy sheet pan dinner your lunches for the week! Store the rosemary chicken in the fridge for up to 4-5 days in the fridge.
I suggest packing them in individual portions in glass meal prep bowls. Then when you're ready to eat your meals, you can reheat the serving for 1-2 minutes in the microwave.
Note: when reheating, sprinkle some water overtop to make sure the chicken doesn't dry out!
Freezing this recipe
Unfortunately this recipe as a whole will not freeze well. The chicken will freeze fine, but the veggies may get extra soggy and lose their taste.
If you would like to freeze this dish, separate the chicken and freeze in a glass bowl for 1-2 months. To eat the chicken, defrost in the fridge overnight then reheat as per the instructions above. Make the veggies fresh or use the chicken to another meal and repurpose it.
Wanna Learn How To Meal Prep?
My meal planning service, Dinner Prep Pro, removes the guesswork and helps you get dinner on the table in 15-20 minutes each night. My meal prep checklists only take 1 hour each week!
More chicken sheet pan recipes
Meal prep tools for this recipe
- Grab some glass meal prep bowls if you plan on packing up this rosemary chicken for your weekly lunches.
- I get all my free-range chicken from Butcher Box, conveniently delivered to me frozen.
- Get a meat thermometer to make sure your chicken is cooked through.
30-Minute Sheet Pan Rosemary Chicken
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 2 tbsp fresh chopped rosemary
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 2 chicken breasts, sliced in half lengthwise
- 1 head cauliflower, chopped into florets
- 1 red pepper, chopped
- 1 cup brussels sprouts, sliced
- 1 small red onion, chopped
- Preheat oven to 450 F.
- Add olive oil, lemon juice, garlic, rosemary, salt and pepper to a small bowl and mix to combine.
- Add chicken and veggies to a parchment-lined sheet pan. Drizzle olive oil-lemon juice mixture overtop, rubbing it over chicken and tossing veggies.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, flipping chicken and stirring veggies halfway through, until chicken is fully cooked. Time will depend on the size of breasts – the smaller the breast, the lower the cook time. I always check at the 15 minute mark before adding more time.
- Serve and enjoy!
Join The Girl on Bloor Premium!
- ZERO ADS!
- Weekly Meal Prep Checklists
- Bonus eBooks
Leave A Reply!