This Instant Pot Detox Vegetable Soup is a super healthy way to get your veggies in – it's vegetarian, high in fibre and the perfect comfort food!
Today you are going to eat ALL your vegetables in one serving with this Instant Pot Detox Vegetable Soup!
Like if you don't feel like a new person after a big bowl of this….
I kinda debated even putting the word “detox” in this post because really, at the end of the day, your organs do a good job of detoxing your body on the regular anyway, food can't really do that (certain foods can supposedly just help push the body's natural process along) or so I've been told.
But for the purposes of Pinterest and Facebook and Google search and being trendy with the whole New Year new you thing, we're going with this title. Forgive me later because once you've tried this, you really will see how it is the ultimate deliciously healthy vegetable soup.
This Instant Pot Detox Vegetable Soup actually kinda reminds me of my favourite canned alphabet vegetable soup, which I made a copycat version of last year. Really, it's pretty simple, and as long as you have a few key pantry staples on hand along with some fresh veggies you'll be able to whip up a big batch of this in no time!
Pretty much if you have the following on hand along with some fresh veggies of your choosing, you'll have everything you need to make this soup:
- Vegetable bouillon cubes/stock
- Kidney beans (I used white kidney beans but you could use red…or black beans, or chickpeas)
- Crushed tomatoes (I buy the jars in bulk to keep on hand in my pantry)
- Salt & pepper
- Heck, you could even throw some wild rice or quinoa in there if you'd like to add some more protein
And don't think you have to even add the same veggies as me! Because we're using the Instant Pot here, I've thrown in most of the veggies into the hot broth after the fact so that they don't get overcooked. With any pressure cooker you have to be careful of that, and to me there's nothing worse than the taste and texture of overcooked broccoli or zucchini.
I would rather the veggies still have a bit of a crunch to them and *supposedly* you retain more of their nutrients the closer you are to them being raw. Who woulda thought?
Anyway, all this to say that you really can throw in whatever you've got laying around in your vegetable crisper. Here are some more ideas for veggies you can add to this soup:
- Green beans
- Any sort of greens like spinach, kale, chard, etc.
- Cabbage (red or green)
- Sweet potatoes
And the list goes on and on as I'm sure you might imagine. Don't be afraid to change it up!
Now let's dive right into this Instant Pot Detox Vegetable Soup! Dinner ready in no time folks!
Will you be making this Instant Pot Detox Vegetable Soup?
Whip up a batch for your weekly meal prep or just enjoy as a cozy dinner after a long day – it'll have the taste of a slowly simmered soup made with love, but made totally hands-free in your pressure cooker instead. Win win baby!
The Instant Pot DUO Plus 60 is the version I use in this recipe.
Grab some Glass meal prep bowls if you plan on packing this soup up for lunch!
Instant Pot Detox Vegetable Soup
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 can white beans
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 2 small yellow onions, diced
- 1 large carrot, chopped
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 6 cups vegetable broth
- 1 1/2 cups crushed tomatoes
- 2 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 small head broccoli, chopped
- 1 zucchini, chopped
- 1/2 each red and yellow pepper, chopped
- Dump all ingredients except for broccoli, zucchini and bell peppers into Instant Pot. Set to manual and pressure cook on high for 2 minutes. Instant Pot will take about 10 minutes to pre-heat and then the 2 minutes to cook. When complete, press cancel and do a quick release of the steam, waiting until the pressure gauge drops back down and the lid is safe to open.
- Stir in zucchini, broccoli and bell peppers, then replace with lid and let sit for 6-8 minutes, just until veggies are tender. Serve and enjoy!