This Instant Pot Detox Vegetable Soup is a super healthy way to get your veggies in – it's vegetarian, high in fibre and the perfect comfort food!
Ingredients and substitutions
- Olive oil – use another neutral oil like sunflower seed oil, grapeseed oil or avocado oil.
- White beans – kidney beans, black beans or navy beans can all be used for this soup.
- Garlic – fresh or jarred minced garlic is preferred but garlic powder will also work if you’re in a pinch.
- Yellow onions – shallots, red onion or white onion can be used instead.
- Carrot – if you don’t have carrots or simply don’t like them, replace with another vegetable of your choice.
- Celery – read substitution notes for carrots.
- Vegetable broth – use water with a bouillon cube if you do not have vegetable broth.
- Crushed tomatoes – use fresh Roma tomatoes chopped or canned crushed tomatoes.
- Italian seasoning – use a store-bought blend or make your own by combining oregano, dried basil, dried thyme, dried sage and/or dried rosemary.
- Salt & pepper (to taste)
- Broccoli – read substitution notes for carrots.
- Zucchini – read substitution notes for carrots.
- Red and yellow bell pepper- read substitution notes for carrots.
How to make Instant Pot vegetable soup
- Add ingredients to the Instant Pot.
- Cook on high pressure for 2 minutes.
- Stir in the broccoli, zucchini and peppers.
- Let sit for 8-10 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!
What makes this soup a detox soup?
I don't like to feed into diet culture and my intentions with this post isn't to promote any diet detoxes. Our bodies have a natural detoxification process and having certain foods helps to aid this process. The vegetables are actually a key reason why this detox soup recipe is so detoxifying! Vegetable soups are one of the foods that help to naturally detoxify the body while giving the body the nutrients it needs.
Frequently Asked Questions
If you add all the vegetables to the Instant Pot and pressure cook them on high, they can get mushy and gross. That’s why for this vegetable soup Instant Pot recipe, you won’t add in the zucchini, broccoli and bell peppers until the very end. Let the rest of the ingredients pressure cook, then stir in the remaining veggies and let them sit for 8 to 10 minutes. They’ll cook in the hot liquid without getting overly mushy!
This Instant Pot vegetable soup recipe is super flavourful thanks to the variety of seasonings and aromatics including carrot and celery. You can feel free to throw in some of your favourite spices, but it’s already super flavourful and tasty on its own!
This detox soup recipe is definitely good for you. It’s full of vegetables that are high in nutrients and that naturally help your body detox.
Storing and reheating
To store this Instant Pot vegetable soup, wait for it to cool down to room temperature and then transfer it into individual servings in airtight containers or mason jars for easy reheating. It will last in the fridge for up to 5 days.
When you’re ready to enjoy your soup, reheat it in the microwave for 1 to 2 minutes until fully warmed or bring it to a simmer in a pot on the stovetop.
Freezing this recipe
Technically, you can freeze this vegetable soup Instant Pot recipe, but I don’t recommend it. Some of the veggies tend to lose their crunch and will get all mushy when they defrost.
If you choose to freeze the soup anyways, freeze it in Ziploc bags or glass containers for up to 3 months. Let the soup defrost in the fridge overnight then reheat as normal, or reheat straight from frozen in the microwave for 7 to 8 minutes, stirring several times throughout.
Wanna Learn How To Meal Prep?
My meal planning service, Dinner Prep Pro, removes the guesswork and helps you get dinner on the table in 15-20 minutes each night. My meal prep checklists only take 1 hour each week!
Instant Pot Detox Vegetable Soup
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 can white beans, rinsed and drained
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 2 small yellow onions, diced
- 1 large carrot, chopped
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 6 cups vegetable broth
- 1 1/2 cups crushed tomatoes
- 2 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 small head broccoli, chopped
- 1 zucchini, chopped
- 1/2 each red and yellow pepper, chopped
- Dump all ingredients except for broccoli, zucchini and bell peppers into Instant Pot. Set to manual and pressure cook on high for 2 minutes. Instant Pot will take about 10 minutes to pre-heat and then the 2 minutes to cook. When complete, press cancel and do a quick release of the steam, waiting until the pressure gauge drops back down and the lid is safe to open.
- Stir in zucchini, broccoli and bell peppers, then replace with lid and let sit for 8-10 minutes, just until veggies are tender. Serve and enjoy!