This Instant Pot Detox Vegetable Soup is a super healthy way to get your veggies in – it's vegetarian, high in fibre and the perfect comfort food!
How to make this recipe
Dump all ingredients except for broccoli, zucchini and bell peppers into Instant Pot. Pressure cook for 2 minutes.
Stir in zucchini, broccoli and bell peppers, then let sit for 8-10 minutes until veggies are tender. Serve and enjoy!
Ingredients and substitutions
- Olive oil – use another neutral oil like sunflower seed oil, grapeseed oil or avocado oil.
- White beans – kidney beans, black beans or navy beans can all be used for this soup.
- Garlic – fresh or jarred minced garlic is preferred but garlic powder will also work if you’re in a pinch.
- Yellow onions – shallots, red onion or white onion can be used instead.
- Carrot – if you don’t have carrots or simply don’t like them, replace with another vegetable of your choice.
- Celery – read substitution notes for carrots.
- Vegetable broth – use water with a bouillon cube if you do not have vegetable broth.
- Crushed tomatoes – use fresh Roma tomatoes chopped or canned crushed tomatoes.
- Italian seasoning – use a store-bought blend or make your own by combining oregano, dried basil, dried thyme, dried sage and/or dried rosemary.
- Salt & pepper (to taste)
- Broccoli – read substitution notes for carrots.
- Zucchini – read substitution notes for carrots.
- Red and yellow bell pepper- read substitution notes for carrots.
What makes this soup a detox soup?
I don't like to feed into diet culture and my intentions with this post isn't to promote any diet detoxes. Our bodies have a natural detoxification process and having certain foods helps to aid this process. The vegetables are actually a key reason why this soup is so detoxifying! Vegetable soups are one of the foods that help to naturally detoxify the body while giving the body the nutrients it needs.
Storing and reheating
To store this soup, wait for it to cool down to room temperature and then transfer it into individual servings in airtight containers or mason jars (for easy reheating). Store your soup in the fridge for up to five days.
You can reheat the individual servings in the microwave for a couple of minutes until fully warmed. Or, to limit the use of your microwave, transfer it to a pot on the stove top.
Freezing this soup
Though you can freeze this soup, I don't entirely recommend it. Some of the veggies tend to lose their crunch and it will be a different texture than when it's freshly made. If you do choose to freeze this dish and would like to prepare this recipe as a freezer meal, transfer the cool soup to a freezer-safe container or in freezer bags. You can also add the leftovers to small glass bowls to make individual servings.
It will keep well in the freezer for up to four months. If in bowls, you can defrost and reheat right in the microwave up to 7-8 minutes, stirring partway through. Otherwise, move the soup to the fridge the night before then heat using the microwave or stove once it has thawed out.
Wanna Learn How To Meal Prep?
My meal planning service, Dinner Prep Pro, removes the guesswork and helps you get dinner on the table in 15-20 minutes each night. My meal prep checklists only take 1 hour each week!
More soup recipes
Meal prep tools for this recipe
- The Instant Pot DUO Plus 60 is the version I use in this recipe.
- Grab some Glass meal prep bowls if you plan on packing this soup up for lunch!
Instant Pot Detox Vegetable Soup
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 can white beans, rinsed and drained
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 2 small yellow onions, diced
- 1 large carrot, chopped
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 6 cups vegetable broth
- 1 1/2 cups crushed tomatoes
- 2 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 small head broccoli, chopped
- 1 zucchini, chopped
- 1/2 each red and yellow pepper, chopped
- Dump all ingredients except for broccoli, zucchini and bell peppers into Instant Pot. Set to manual and pressure cook on high for 2 minutes. Instant Pot will take about 10 minutes to pre-heat and then the 2 minutes to cook. When complete, press cancel and do a quick release of the steam, waiting until the pressure gauge drops back down and the lid is safe to open.
- Stir in zucchini, broccoli and bell peppers, then replace with lid and let sit for 8-10 minutes, just until veggies are tender. Serve and enjoy!