Avocado Hummus Snack Jars are a healthy snack high in fibre and good fats! Enjoy on-the-go with veggies and crackers.
How to make this recipe
Add all of the listed ingredients (except for antipasto, veggies and crackers) to a high speed blender.
Blend ingredients until fully combined.
Scoop mixture into jam jars and top with antipasto or sundried tomatoes.
Serve alongside cut up veggies, crackers, chips or whatever other snacks you're craving.
Enjoy within the first 2-3 days of serving.
Ingredients and substitutions
- Chickpeas – use canned chickpeas that have been rinsed and drained for an easier assembly process.
- Tahini – cashew butter, sunflower seed butter or another nut butter can work in place of tahini.
- Garlic – use fresh or jarred minced garlic. Garlic powder can be used in a pinch.
- Lemon juice – use fresh or bottled lemon juice for this recipe.
- Salt (to taste)
- Antipasto – the antipasto will be used as a garnish and is optional. Sun-dried tomatoes can also be used.
- Veggie sticks – use any veggies of your choice, such as carrots, cucumbers, celery or bell peppers.
- Crackers – chips can also be used to dip into the avocado hummus.
How to serve avocado hummus
This avocado hummus is a delicious snack on its own or as an accompaniment to so many recipes! If you are looking to make the most of this hummus recipe, here are a few ways to serve this dish:
- Serve hummus as a dip with veggies (cucumbers, carrots, celery, etc.)
- Serve as a dip with pita chips, crackers and naan crisps
- Use the avocado hummus as a spread in sandwiches
- If you want a plant-based pasta sauce, this avocado hummus is a great way of creating a non-dairy cream sauce
- Serve the hummus as a topping for buddha bowls and other meal prep bowls
To store any leftover hummus, transfer it to an airtight container. I suggest mason jars to keep the avocado in this hummus fresh longer. When storing, you can store with the antipasto or sun-dried tomatoes that you’ve added on top or add them to the top when ready to enjoy. Squeeze some extra lemon juice on top or cover the hummus with plastic wrap before closing the container to keep the avocado from browning. After storing, your hummus will last in the fridge for up to one week! It may lose its vibrant colour from the oxidizing avocado but it is still okay to eat for the week.
Can you freeze avocado hummus?
Yes! You can definitely freeze the avocado hummus fro later. To freeze, transfer Avocado Hummus to an airtight container. Leave some room at the top so it has room to expand over time. I recommend storing them in multiple mason jars like I have pictured, rather than one large container. Before freezing, layer a piece of plastic wrap directly on top of the avocado hummus and freeze for up to 3 months.
If freezing, don't top the hummus with the antipasto or sundried tomatoes.
When ready to enjoy, place the avocado hummus into the fridge to thaw overnight. If it hasn't thawed fully, wait until it has thawed completely. Once it has thawed completely, top with desired toppings then serve and enjoy!
More healthy snack recipes
Meal prep tools
- These are the mason jars I used in this recipe
- You can get larger 32oz mason jars too!
- These colourful mason jar lids are so fun and perfect if you lose your lids
- I like to use a Magic Bullet blender to save time on clean up
Avocado Hummus Snack Jars
- 1 can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 cup tahini
- 1 avocado, diced
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup water
- Antipasto or sliced sundried tomatoes (optional topping)
- Carrot sticks, celery sticks, cucumber cut into wedges
- Assorted crackers, chips, etc.
- Add all ingredients with the exception of antipasto/veggies/crackers to a high speed blender. Blend on the lowest speed for 30 seconds, removing lid as necessary to stir. Continue blending on low speed until fully mixed together - the whole process should take about 5 minutes.
- Scoop out into jam jars, and top with antipasto or sundried tomatoes. Serve alongside cut up veggies, crackers, chips or whatever other snacks you're craving. Enjoy within the first 2-3 days of serving.