These Tahini Coconut Energy Protein Bites are the perfect nut-free, on-the-go snack and contains most natural sweeteners such as date caramel!
Guys, let me talk to you about my newest obsession: these Tahini Coconut Energy Protein Bites!!!
They are seriously out of this world.
And super healthy.
But it won't even matter that they are sweetened with mostly natural ingredients like dates and the tiniest bit of maple syrup because they are so damn delicious, you'll keep making them regardless of what's in them!
Did I mention they're also nut-free?
I have been wanting to make energy bites for a while, mostly because I have tried a couple that were just out of this world delicious, and I love how cute they are.
What I didn't realize is how easy they are to throw together, and that they last a super long time.
Just watch this week's video below.
You'll soon get it.
Lately I have been eating these non-stop for breakfast when I'm craving something sweet. I don't know about you but I seriously switch between sweet and savoury cravings for breakfast all the time, I don't know what it is.
And of course the days I'm craving something savoury like a fried egg or hash browns, I never have the time to make them.
I mean, I'm just lucky I eat breakfast most days. It's helpful when breakfast comes in bite-sized, on-the-go form.
And you know my obsession with coconut, right?
These energy bites have oodles of coconut.
But not too much though. You can never have too much coconut…
I should also mention that these Tahini Coconut Energy Protein Bites are nut-free and bake-free, so you can have an allergen-free snack in as little as 30-minutes – and they freeze well too!
And if you're looking for more healthy snack ideas to make this weekend, then I've got you covered! Here are some of my other faves:
- Stuffed Caramel Apples with Chocolate Drizzle
- Easy Garlic Parmesan Popcorn
- Open Faced Naan Samosa Bites
- Mini Pizza Bites
- Beet Chips with Homemade French Onion Dip
- Homemade Beef Jerky
Will you be making these Tahini Coconut Energy Protein Bites? If you try any of my recipes be sure to let me know on Instagram, Twitter, Facebook or in the comments – I'd love to see what you come up with!
- 1/2 cup date caramel see recipe below
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 3/4 cup tahini
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 cup brown rice cereal
- 1 cup vanilla protein powder
- 1/2 cup unsweetened coconut
- 1/4 cup sesame seeds
- 1/4 cup sunflower seeds
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup dates
- 1/2 cup water
- Matcha green tea powder
- cocoa powder
- Chopped pistachios
- sesame seeds
- Shredded coconut
- Using a food processor or a Magic Bullet, mix together dates and water until well combined and creamy.
- Microwave or heat tahini, vanilla and maple syrup together in a small saucepan until smooth.
- Add oats, rice cereal, protein powder, sesame seeds, sunflower seeds, chocolate chips and coconut to a large bowl.
- Add caramel-tahini mixture to oat mixture and mix until combined well. Form into little balls, then refrigerate for at least 30 min.
- Roll balls in unsweetened coconut, matcha green tea powder, cocoa, pistachios or any other optional topping.
- Store in the fridge and enjoy!