Chicken Bruschetta Linguine
This Chicken Bruschetta Linguine is jam packed full of beautiful summer flavours using plum tomatoes, fresh basil and more – no sauce needed here!
Eating in can be super difficult in the summer. Take it from me – it's so tempting after a long day of work to say screw it and join your friends for a night on your favourite restaurant patio. All kinds of meal planning goes out the window during the summer. All the discipline it takes to eat healthy – *poof*, it's gone. Really, what can you do?
Welllllll, combine the patio blues with summer in a bowl and you'll get this Chicken Bruschetta Linguine!!!
This pasta recipe is by far one of my new favourites, and it's everything a great pasta dish should be: it's easy, it's simple, it's ready in less than 45 minutes and it's jam packed with healthy, delicious summer ingredients.
Who doesn't love bruschetta, amirite?! Your favourite summer appetizer just collided with your favourite dinner dish (if you tell me pasta isn't your favourite food period, then we're gonna have a talk or two…) and it's going to make the end of your day especially fantastic!
Also, if you're looking for more bruschetta recipes (because seriously, who isn't?), then I've got you covered with a couple other unique variations to try! My mom and I always go back and forth over what the best bruschetta recipe really is, and in my heart, it all has to do with variety! Here are some other awesome ways to eat bruschetta:
- Fire Roasted Tomato & Olive Bruschetta
- Bruschetta Bar
- Whipped Goat Cheese Bruschetta
- Bruschetta Stuffed Portobello Mushrooms
- Greek Bruschetta
Will you be trying this Easy Chicken Bruschetta Linguine recipe? If you try any of my recipes be sure to let me know in the comments, or on Instagram, Twitter or Facebook! How do you enjoy pasta in the summer?
Get your square glass meal prep bowls here!
And of course I get all my free-range chicken breasts from Butcher Box!
Chicken Bruschetta Linguine
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 1 box linguine pasta
- 3 tbsp heavy cream
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
- 4 plum tomatoes seeded and diced
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 1/2 tsp balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup basil finely chopped
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- Preheat the BBQ to med-high heat. Brush chicken with olive oil and balsamic vinegar, then season with salt & pepper. Once BBQ is preheated, grill chicken for 10-12 min per side until chicken is cooked through.
- Meanwhile, bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add linguine, and cook for about 10-12 min.
- While pasta is boiling and chicken is cooking, prepare bruschetta.
- Remove chicken from the grill and slice.
- Drain pasta, retaining a bit of the pasta water in the bottom of the pot. Pour linguine back into the pot, adding about two-thirds to three-quarters of the bruschetta to the pasta, then adding cream and parmesan cheese. Season with salt and pepper if desired, stirring pasta and cooking on med heat for a couple min until tomatoes become slightly cooked.
- Plate pasta, topping with sliced chicken, a couple spoonfuls of bruschetta, some fresh parmesan cheese and some chopped fresh basil. Ahh, summer in a bowl!
Just promise me that you will make this Chicken Bruschetta Linguine while the tomatoes are ripe and super juicy – those make the best bruschetta, trust me!