Healthy Buffalo Chicken Burrito Bowls
These Meal Prep Buffalo Chicken Burrito Bowls with blue cheese are a healthy, delicious lunch idea using mostly pantry staples for a fun twist on everyone's favourite chicken wing!
Servings: 4 bowls
- 4 chicken breasts, diced
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1/2 cup buffalo sauce (I like Frank's Red Hot)
- 2 cups cooked brown rice or quinoa
- 4 stalks celery, cut into matchsticks
- 2 large carrots, cut into matchsticks
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 plum tomatoes, diced
- 1 cup romaine lettuce, chopped
- 1/2 cup blue cheese or goat cheese, crumbled
- Cilantro for garnish
Preheat oven to 400 F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and spray with oil to grease it slightly. In a large bowl, toss chicken with egg and cornstarch until well-coated. Place on baking sheet and spread evenly. Season with a bit of salt. Bake for 15-20 min until chicken is fully cooked.
Meanwhile, prepare veggies and cook rice according to package directions. Divide among four meal prep bowls.
Remove chicken from the oven and toss with buffalo wing sauce in another large bowl. Divide chicken up among bowls, along with veggies. Top with crumbled blue cheese and serve! Will keep in the fridge up to 5 days.
Calories: 430kcal | Carbohydrates: 38.5g | Protein: 35g | Fat: 18g