Creamy Portobello Mushroom Soup
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time20 mins
Total Time30 mins
Servings: 6 -8 bowls
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 shallots minced
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 3 Portobello mushrooms finely diced
- 2 cups cremini mushrooms finely diced
- 2 cups Button mushrooms finely diced
- 1 tbsp flour
- 2 cups beef stock can also use vegetable stock
- 2 tbsp red wine
- 3 sprigs fresh thyme
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 2 tbsp whipping cream optional - better for a richer soup
- 1 cup milk can also use almond milk
- 1 can white beans drained and rinsed
- 2 cups kale chopped
Prepare veggies, then heat olive oil in a large pot over med-high heat. After a minute or two, add shallots and garlic, sauteeing for 30 seconds. Add mushrooms and cook for 4-5 min until liquid starts to render.
Add flour, whisking to remove lumps.
Add beef stock, red wine, thyme sprigs, salt and pepper, bringing to a boil then simmering for 10 min.
Add whipping cream, milk and white beans, cooking for 5 min. Remove from heat and stir in kale.
Serve immediately and enjoy!
Calories: 229kcal | Carbohydrates: 26g | Protein: 12g | Fat: 10g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 5g | Cholesterol: 9mg | Sodium: 1028mg | Potassium: 762mg | Fiber: 9g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 12300IU | Vitamin C: 132.8mg | Calcium: 180mg | Iron: 3.4mg