Thai Green Curry Chicken Vermicelli Bowls
These Thai Green Curry Chicken Vermicelli Bowls are a delicious, spicy noodle soup - flavoured with peanut butter and coconut milk, you'll love this elevated weeknight dinner idea!
Servings: 4 servings
- 1/2 lb vermicelli noodles
- 1/2 lb chicken breasts, diced can use 1 cup cooked shredded chicken too
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 inch piece of ginger, minced
- 3 tbsp homemade or storebought green curry paste (optional recipe follows for homemade)
- 2 tbsp peanut butter
- 1 (400mL) can coconut milk
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup matchstick carrots
- 1 red pepper, diced
- 1/2 cup red cabbage, thinly sliced
- 1 tbsp chopped peanuts
- 1/2 cup cilantro, finely chopped
- 1 red chili pepper, thinly sliced
Homemade Green Curry Paste
- 1/3 cup fresh green chilies, sliced
- 1/4 cup cilantro
- 4 shallots, sliced
- 1/2 stalk lemongrass, sliced
- 5 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 inch piece ginger, minced
- 2 tbsp olive oil or coconut oil
- 2 tsp coriander
- 1 tsp cumin
Cook vermicelli noodles according to package directions in a large pot of boiling water. Drain, remove vermicelli and set aside.
Meanwhile, add all ingredients under the homemade curry paste heading to a blender, food processor or Magic Bullet and combine until smooth.
In the same pot as you cooked the noodles, heat olive oil over med-high heat. Add chicken (whether raw & diced or leftover shredded) and saute until browned and mostly cooked.
Add garlic, ginger, curry paste and peanut butter. Saute another 1-2 minutes. Add coconut milk and chicken broth, bringing mixture to a boil and then simmering for 10 minutes.
Add lime juice, salt, carrots and red pepper. Cook for 2 min. Add vermicelli noodles back in and mix well. Serve in large bowls, then top with shredded red cabbage, chopped peanuts, cilantro and red chilies. Serve and enjoy!
This recipe can also be packed as leftovers in large mason jars - they'll be good up to 3 days in the fridge!
Calories: 382kcal | Carbohydrates: 56g | Protein: 19g | Fat: 9g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 36mg | Sodium: 1374mg | Potassium: 654mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 5601IU | Vitamin C: 66mg | Calcium: 71mg | Iron: 2mg