Freezer-Friendly Meal Prep: Baked Turkey Meatballs
These Baked Turkey Meatballs are awesome for freezer-friendly meal prep! In this recipe for meatballs in oven, I show you how to include them in low carb meal prep bowls with spiralized zucchini & tomato sauce so you can eat healthy lunches all week!
Servings: 4 meal prep bowls
- 2-3 zucchini, spiralized (I just buy a 500g package from the grocery store pre-made)
- 1 jar tomato sauce (make sure there's no sugar added for Whole 30)
Baked turkey meatballs
- 1 lb ground turkey or chicken (you could even do extra lean ground beef too!)
- 1/3 cup breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh parsley (or 1 tbsp dried)
- 1 egg
- 1 medium-sized yellow onion, grated
- 1 tbsp dijon mustard
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp each salt and pepper
Prepare a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and preheat oven to 400 F.
Mix all ingredients for ground turkey meatballs in a large bowl, stirring until well-combined. Wet hands with water and roll into 1-inch meatballs, creating 20 of them. Add to baking sheet in rows and bake for 20 minutes, flipping halfway through.
Meanwhile, spiralize zucchini or add prepared zucchini to meal prep bowls and top with a bit of tomato sauce. When meatballs come out of oven, add 5 to each bowl. Bowls will keep in fridge up to 5 days.
If freezing, place in a thick plastic bag and label with date. Will keep in freezer up to 6 months.
Calories: 361kcal | Carbohydrates: 29g | Protein: 31g | Fat: 14g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 3g | Monounsaturated Fat: 5g | Cholesterol: 118mg | Sodium: 790mg | Potassium: 1292mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 12g | Vitamin A: 900IU | Vitamin C: 72.6mg | Calcium: 100mg | Iron: 4.1mg