20-Minute Instant Pot Chicken Burrito Bowls
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time15 mins
Total Time25 mins
Servings: 4 servings
- 2 chicken breasts, diced into 1-inch cubes
- 1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 tbsp taco seasoning
- 1/2 each red, green and yellow pepper, diced
- 2 onions, diced
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup strained/crushed tomatoes
- 1 cup salsa (I used the fresh kind found in the refrigerated section of the grocery store as I prefer it)
- 1 cup jasmine rice
- 1/4 tsp salt (optional - you can add in after if it needs it)
- Diced plum tomatoes for topping
- Chopped scallions for topping
- Sour cream for topping
Dump all ingredients except for plum tomatoes, scallions and sour cream in Instant Pot, making sure to add the rice last. Ensure you add rice on top of everything else or rice will burn the bottom of the pot. Set to manual and pressure cook on high for 4 minutes. Instant Pot will take about 10 minutes to pre-heat and then the 4 minutes to cook. When complete, press cancel and do a quick release of the steam, waiting until the pressure gauge drops back down and the lid is safe to open.
Remove lid, stir contents well and divide among 6 bowls. Top with plum tomatoes, scallions and sour cream (I also sometimes add cheese, lettuce, more cilantro, avocado and whatever other veggies I have on hand). Serve and enjoy!
Update: upon further testing, the bell peppers turn out much fresher if you cook everything on high pressure, then stir the peppers in after. It depends on the texture you want!
Calories: 447kcal | Carbohydrates: 62g | Protein: 32g | Fat: 8g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 2g | Monounsaturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 64mg | Sodium: 1206mg | Potassium: 941mg | Fiber: 9g | Sugar: 6g | Vitamin A: 54% | Vitamin C: 183% | Calcium: 11% | Iron: 23%