Dan Dan Noodles
This is the easiest Dan Dan Noodles recipe. This spicy Chinese-inspired stir fry is made with ground beef, chili oil & greens for a tasty weeknight dinner!
Servings: 6 servings
- 1 lb extra-lean ground beef
- 1 tbsp sambal oelek or Sriracha
- 1 lb spaghetti (you can also use dried white noodles but they are harder to find. Ramen noodles are also a great substitute)
- 2 cups chopped bok choy
- 1 bunch scallions, sliced
- Sesame seeds, for garnish
- Peanuts, for garnish
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp hoisin sauce
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 tbsp chili oil
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp five spice powder (note: if you don't have five spice powder, you can use a blend of 1 star anise, 1/4 tsp cinnamon, 1/4 tsp fennel seeds, 1/4 tsp ground cloves & 1/4 tsp black or white pepper)
Cook spaghetti in a large pot of boiling water for 9-11 minutes or according to package directions. Drain and set aside.
Brown ground beef in a large skillet over med-high heat. Meanwhile, mix together ingredients for sauce.
Add bok choy and sautee for 1 min until slightly wilted, then add cooked noodles and stir fry sauce to skillet, tossing to coat and sauteeing over high heat for 2-3 minutes until sauce thickens. Remove from heat and stir in scallions.
Serve in large bowls then garnish with sesame seeds and peanuts. Serve and enjoy!
Calories: 444kcal | Carbohydrates: 60g | Protein: 27g | Fat: 10g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 47mg | Sodium: 477mg | Potassium: 470mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 40IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 32mg | Iron: 3mg