20-Minute Doritos Taco Salad (Video!)
This Doritos Taco Salad is a delicious 20-minute dinner filled with fresh veggies and Cool Ranch Doritos, then topped with cheese, cilantro and taco sauce!
Servings: 6 servings
- 1 tbsp olive oil, divided
- 1/2 each red, green and yellow bell pepper, diced
- 1 small red onion, diced
- 1 lb extra-lean ground beef
- 2 tbsp taco seasoning (recipe below - mix spices together to make seasoning, or use store bought)
- 1 head romaine lettuce, chopped
- 1 can black beans, drained
- 1 cup frozen corn, defrosted
- 1 field tomato, diced and deseeded
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/3 cup cilantro, finely chopped
- 20 Cool Ranch Doritos (or any other flavour your heart desires!)
- 1/2 cup taco sauce (I like the Old El Paso kind)
- 1/2 cup chili powder
- 1/4 cup cumin
- 2 tbsp coriander
- 2 tbsp garlic powder
- 2 tbsp dried minced onion
- 2 tbsp paprika
- 2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp pepper
- 2 tsp red chili flakes
In a large frying pan, heat 1 tbsp olive oil over high heat. Add bell peppers and red onion, sauteeing for 2-3 min.
Remove veggies from heat and set aside. Lower heat to med-high. Add ground beef, breaking up with a spoon. Add ingredients under the taco seasoning heading, then cook for another 10-12 min until beef is fully cooked.
Add lettuce to four bowls, followed by sauteed peppers and onions, ground beef, black beans, corn, diced tomatoes, cheese and cilantro. Add 5-10 Doritos to each bowl. Drizzle each salad with taco sauce and enjoy!
Calories: 447kcal | Carbohydrates: 44g | Protein: 32g | Fat: 20g | Saturated Fat: 7g | Cholesterol: 67mg | Sodium: 1633mg | Potassium: 1563mg | Fiber: 17g | Sugar: 8g | Vitamin A: 16989IU | Vitamin C: 18mg | Calcium: 378mg | Iron: 15mg