Chickpea, Sweet Potato & Avocado Freezer Wraps
These Chickpea, Sweet Potato & Avocado Freezer Wraps are the perfect grab and go lunch, and easily made vegetarian!
Servings: 8 wraps
- 8 in whole wheat wraps the largest sizethe grocery store
- 1 avocado
- 1/2 red pepper sliced
- 1/2 cup kale chopped
- 1/2 jalapeño sliced and deseeded
- 4-6 slices turkey bacon chopped (optional)
- 1/4 cup garlic mayo (storebought or 1 small clove of minced garlic mixed in with your fave mayo)
Roasted sweet potato
- 1 inch sweet potato chopped into 1/2pieces
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1 can of Chickpeas drained and rinsed
- cup ⅛dill pickles finely diced
- cup ⅛red onion finely diced
- 3 tbsp mayo
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp white wine vinegar
- tsp ½salt
- tsp ¼pepper
- 1 tsp dried dill
- tsp ½turmeric
- tsp ⅛curry powder
Preheat oven to 425 F. Chop and prepare sweet potatoes, tossing in olive oil, paprika, chilli powder, garlic powder, salt and pepper. Roast in the oven on a parchment lined baking sheet for 30 minutes.
Meanwhile, mash and mix all ingredients together to make chickpea mash, then chop and prepare other veggies.
Add about 1 tbsp of garlic mayo to each wrap, spreading with a butter knife. Add about a 1/3 cup of chickpea mash to the centre of each wrap, then add veggies and sweet potato on top.
Fold outside edges in, then tuck wrap overtop of folded in edges and carefully and tightly wrap each wrap. slice wraps in half if you desire and wrap in wax paper. Freeze in a large plastic bag for up to 3 months or consume within 5 days.