Slow Cooker Chicken Cacciatore
Slow Cooker Chicken Cacciatore is a delicious, easy comfort food dinner. This make ahead recipe helps you prep it, then forget about it until dinner time!
Servings: 6 servings
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 lb boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 2 cups mushrooms sliced in half
- 2 carrots diced
- 1 red pepper chopped
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 1 medium-sized yellow onion diced
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning optional
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 (650mL) jar marinara sauce
- 1 cup chicken or beef broth
- 1/2 cup red or white wine optional - I recommend red wine for best results
- 1 lb egg noodles to serve
- Fresh parsley or basil, for garnish
Dump all ingredients except for egg noodles and parsley in slow cooker, then cook on high for 4 hours or on low for 8 hours.
Meanwhile, cook egg noodles according to package directions.
Turn off slow cooker once finished cooking. Serve chicken mixture over egg noodles then garnish with fresh herbs. Serve and enjoy!
Calories: 456kcal | Carbohydrates: 62g | Protein: 28g | Fat: 9g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 135mg | Sodium: 650mg | Potassium: 695mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 4143IU | Vitamin C: 30mg | Calcium: 61mg | Iron: 3mg