20-Minute Instant Pot Chicken Burrito Bowls
These 20-Minute Instant Pot Chicken Burrito Bowls are a delicious, healthy quick dinner or meal prep idea using mostly pantry staples - read on for a slow cooker option!
Servings: 6 servings
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 chicken breasts diced into 1-inch cubes
- 1 can black beans drained and rinsed
- 1 tbsp taco seasoning
- 1 onion diced
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1/2 each red, green and yellow pepper diced
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup crushed tomatoes
- 1 cup salsa (I used the fresh kind found in the refrigerated section of the grocery store as I prefer it)
- 1 cup white rice
- 1/2 tsp salt (optional - you can add in after if it needs it)
- Diced plum tomatoes for topping
- Chopped scallions for topping
- Sour cream for topping
Dump all ingredients in the order in which they are listed (except for toppings) in Instant Pot. Ensure you add rice on top of everything else and push it down so it's slightly under the liquid or rice will burn the bottom of the pot.
Set to manual and pressure cook on high for 4 minutes. Instant Pot will take about 10 minutes to pre-heat and then the 4 minutes to cook.
When complete, press cancel and do a quick release of the steam, waiting until the pressure gauge drops back down and the lid is safe to open.
Remove lid, stir contents well and divide among 6 bowls. Top with plum tomatoes, scallions and sour cream (I also sometimes add cheese, lettuce, more cilantro, avocado and whatever other veggies I have on hand). Serve and enjoy!
Calories: 311kcal | Carbohydrates: 43g | Protein: 24g | Fat: 5g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 48mg | Sodium: 820mg | Potassium: 762mg | Fiber: 6g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 356IU | Vitamin C: 10mg | Calcium: 59mg | Iron: 2mg