Bacon Jalapeño Cheeseburger Casserole
This bacon and jalapeño cheeseburger casserole is full of cheesy goodness with a bit of kick!
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time20 mins
Total Time30 mins
- 2 cups cooked fusilli pasta
- 1 lb ground beef or ground turkey
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 yellow onion diced
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp Sriracha
- 2 fresh jalapeño peppers thinly sliced
- 1 cup canned crushed tomatoes
- 1 1/2 cups chicken or vegetable broth
- 1 tbsp dijon mustard
- 2 tbsp ketchup
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 vine tomato chopped
- 1/2 red onion diced
- 6 slices bacon
- 1 cup grated marble cheese
- 1/2 cup grated sharp cheddar cheese
Heat olive oil in a large saucepan over med-high heat. Add ground beef, onion and garlic and cook for two minutes before seasoning with salt and pepper, and adding chili powder, Worcestershire sauce, mustard and ketchup.
Stir in tomatoes, 1 of the chopped jalapeños, chicken/vegetable broth, and pasta. Bring to a boil before covering, reducing heat and simmering until pasta is cooked, about 15 minutes.
Meanwhile cook bacon in a pan or oven until crispy.
Remove saucepan from heat and mix with cheese. Garnish with bacon, tomatoes, red onion and sliced jalapeño peppers.